Warped discs/ service parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warped discs/ service parts

I think I have a very slight warp in the disc, cars only done 6k so going to get Ford to look at it in a week or so, but can feel a slight vibration as I slow down, usually only present when breaking a bit harder from speed. I was wondering where do you guys buy replacement parts? Changing the discs and pads ill probably do myself if ford confim it. Car is 2016 GT. Anyone know the disc size up front?

Is the car out of warranty? If not then surely they should change them or aren't such things covered? Pretty poor for a car having only done so few miles though.
    Sorry I can't answer your question as I don't have a S550.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
      Is the car out of warranty? If not then surely they should change them or aren't such things covered? Pretty poor for a car having only done so few miles though.
      Sorry I can't answer your question as I don't have a S550.
      Car has warranty until Oct this year. I'm guessing here but I wouldn't have thought they would cover it. It's been serviced by ford in March less than 500 miles a go and they advised me nothing was wrong with the car. There is a definite vibration though which I don't think is right even if it's a slight one at that.

Comment

Very unlikely to be warped discs at that mileage .... more like a thrown wheel balance weight.

Comment

It can happen I think a guy on another forum had warped disks at that kinda mileage I think youll be lucky to get them changed under warranty as disc tend to be wear and tear but good luck

Comment

Had warped disks on then wifes honda. Replaced then one heavy braking and they were warped again. Can happen with any mileage. It is heat not mileage
            Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
            We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Working...
            X