2018 S550 Facelift nearside door mirror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 S550 Facelift nearside door mirror

I have had the near side door mirror replaced under warranty, because of a paint defect on the mirror bracket. Iím sure we are all aware of the poor visibility in this mirror, the new bracket is considerably worse. With the mirror adjusted fully in, on the motorway, in the middle lane I have a great view of the hard shoulder. If I sit in the passenger seat, I get a great view down the side of the car as you would expect.

Has anyone come across this problem, and if so what was the cure?

The dealer has changed the bracket again, and it is slightly better, I can now see the white line of the hard shoulder and inside lane. they are referring this back to Ford for further advise.

They have also compared the new bracket, to the original bracket, and cannot see any difference. I have not seen both, so have to take their word for there being no difference.

Apparently the part number from the original part is not listed, just to add to the complication.

Thanks for any info/suggestions

Ian

There's a non Ford fix here;

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...-mirror.62599/
    Stuart
    2014 GT/CS

Comment

Originally posted by mad4v8 View Post
      Thanks for the link Stuart, if all else fails I will go that route.

Comment

Or you could try and grow taller (joke) lol I think its ok from what I've seen if your on the taller side from other forums

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
          Or you could try and grow taller (joke) lol I think its ok from what I've seen if your on the taller side from other forums
          I would be interested in growing an arm, taller is not an issue :)

Comment

The story continues, apparently the mirror bracket is for a left hand drive car, but this is hard to believe as it is the same, according to the dealer, as the original one that was on the car, that one was acceptable, not fantastic, but acceptable. So a new bracket is being organised from Ford Technical, and we see whatís happens.
            Another odd thing, one of the mirror brackets they tried was off of a new car in the showroom, I sat in that car, the view in the mirror was great, makes me think I might have a LHD door as well ?

Stay tuned for the next episode.

Comment

Ok, 5 mirrors later and all is as it was. Trying to get part number of the bracket used but no luck so far. The passenger door bracket is a much tighter angle than the other brackets tried.

i think I will add the none Ford solution as well, a big less packing, to give an even better view. It is at least as good as it was originally.

Ian

Comment

Working...
              X