supercharger time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharger time

hi guys getting excited now , one more day band my car goes in to by supercharged , just wondering has anyone had one of those tubes fitted that give you the wine noise inside the car , if so do you only get it when putting your foot down or is it constant

No but would not be able to hear it as exhaust is deafening in mine

Comment

just wind the window down doh,,,,, lol,
      sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

the company that is doing the job said you only get a wine if it is straining , you don't usually get a wine from a supercharger if it working correctly , I thought that cant be right all the videos I have seen I always hear a wine some more then others

Comment

My Roush does not whine, and at 720hp thatís a good thing I think

Comment

Originally posted by shaky01 View Post
            the company that is doing the job said you only get a wine if it is straining , you don't usually get a wine from a supercharger if it working correctly , I thought that cant be right all the videos I have seen I always hear a wine some more then others
            Reading that comment can I ask who is doing the install for you?
            My Saleen supercharger whines, cars with a Whipple supercharger get the whine
            sigpic
            objects in the mirror are...LOSING!

I miss the 80's but you don't see me snorting coke of a DeLorean do you!

Comment

Does it not depend how they put the air in but I have not a clue, to be honest no idea if mine whines as I said earlier exhaust is loud but have often wondered

Comment

Both the Whipple and Roush installs on 2015+ are significantly less whiny than you might expect. Partly due to the improved isolation of the engine compartment. A sound tube from the airbox to the bulkhead does make a difference but you need plenty of revs to get much sound into the cabin.
                Dave Jones

GT101 Limited
                www.gt101.co.uk

Comment

Thx Dave, Mike Lacey said something similar about noise I believe when he put mine in, if I remember rightly

Comment

HTML Code:
                    My Roush does not whine, and at 720hp thatís a good thing I think
                    you can go of some people lol 720bhp... lol

HTML Code:
                    agree don't know if the new generation of charger are any quiter??
                    but 5th gen ones weather roush saleen you can here the whine (proberly wanting more power xxxx did i just say that out loud wait for the abuse)
                    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Lol cheapest and easiest route to power

Comment

Originally posted by steve.c View Post

mudurstang in chipping Norton mate , chap name mike

Comment

Originally posted by M400TOO View Post
                          Thx Dave, Mike Lacey said something similar about noise I believe when he put mine in, if I remember rightly
                          did you get yours done the same place buddy , at modurstang , mike lacey is doing mine

Comment

Yes Mike did mine a great job, but it was his advise at the start that won me over, not just shove a charger on it and thatís you

just waiting for Modurstang to get software and the Bullitt will get similar treatment

Comment

Originally posted by M400TOO View Post
                              Yes Mike did mine a great job, but it was his advise at the start that won me over, not just shove a charger on it and thatís you

just waiting for Modurstang to get software and the Bullitt will get similar treatment
                              yes he told me today he is having trouble with software for 2018 models

Comment

Working...
                              X