Tpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tpms

Put my wheels in for powdercoating, just been told they`re ready for collection and they`ve fitted new TPMS`s as the ones on the wheels were single use only?

I am not sure what they mean by single use only. On your car they are little units attached to the valves and they may have had to damage the valve to remove them for coating. If you have new sensors in the wheels you may have to "train" these to the car. On the S197 Mustang you have a routine that you go through to put the TPMS in training mode and a little programmer that you point at each wheel sensor in turn. This programmer syncs the sensor to the car.. The programmer cost me $30. Sensors should last for around 7 years.
    Allan

Comment

I`ll check it out tomorrow when I pick the wheels up, it`s a new one on me, apparently they cost me 6 a wheel, i thought they would be more than that.

Comment

I expect they mean they've changed the valve stem attached to the sensor itself.You certainly won't be getting the TPMS sensor itself fitted and supplied for 6!

Comment

The stem is single use, the sensor gets reattached to the new stem.

Comment

Yes at 6 per wheel it is the valve stem bit that is changed. The sensor is held onto the valve stem by a small screw. It might have been useful to have rememberd which wheel position each sensor came from. If they are put back on the car in the same position as they came off you don't have to do anything but on the S197 system if they are put back on a different wheel they need to be re-trained.
            Allan

Comment

New valve stems which I expected anyway. Wheels look good, they call it black chrome, only had them done because the original finish had started to bubble in places.

Comment

Working...
              X