Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skipping/Spinning CD type noise coming from digital dash (Facelift)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skipping/Spinning CD type noise coming from digital dash (Facelift)

I have a 2019 GT with the digital dash which when I drive makes the noise described in the title. It has always been there although I didn't think about too much in the beginning as I was too preoccupied with getting used to the car and all the things that were new to me. Now that I've become accustomed, this noise is really quite annoying, I'm wondering if anyone else hears this in their car? Is it just a quirk? I'm certain it is NOT mechanical, Its sounds like its coming directly from the digital dash....Is there a cooling fan on these things? or anything that spins in that area?

Originally posted by GT FIVE O View Post
    I have a 2019 GT with the digital dash which when I drive makes the noise described in the title. It has always been there although I didn't think about too much in the beginning as I was too preoccupied with getting used to the car and all the things that were new to me. Now that I've become accustomed, this noise is really quite annoying, I'm wondering if anyone else hears this in their car? Is it just a quirk? I'm certain it is NOT mechanical, Its sounds like its coming directly from the digital dash....Is there a cooling fan on these things? or anything that spins in that area?
    That’s a new one I would definitely take it back whilst it’s still under warranty mate it doesn’t sound normal to me

Comment

I thought not, however before calling the dealer I've taken a good look into the footwell today with the engine on, and lo and behold there appears to be a missing grommet from the firewall, its letting through noise and heat! I can only imagine that its been forgotten at the factory..... need a part number now

Click image for larger version

Name:	missing grommet.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1242237

Comment

I would just measure it and buy the equivalent from eBay or amazon mate you would probably get a hole pack for the price of 1 from ford.

Comment

Already onto it, anything to avoid the stealers is a good thing!

What a stupid thing to miss though!

Comment

Well done for finding the problem, hopefully its the only one they left out.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
            1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
            2005 Mustang GT 2014-
            2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Working...
            X