Uneven rear tyre wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uneven rear tyre wear

Still on original tyres at 14k miles, fronts are wearing evenly but rears uneven across the tread, last garage report states Inner 5.0 Middle 3.5 Outer 3.5 my local Ford dealer says nothing wrong ? anybody else have the same issue ?
    is it normal ?

Originally posted by GeneralGrievous View Post
    Still on original tyres at 14k miles, fronts are wearing evenly but rears uneven across the tread, last garage report states Inner 5.0 Middle 3.5 Outer 3.5 my local Ford dealer says nothing wrong ? anybody else have the same issue ?
    is it normal ?
    I had a similar issue with the Pirelli’s I had on originally I have since fitted Eagle F1s and had them filled with nitrogen ​​​​​​ only because they hold tyre pressure longer without constant loss because it’s density. Check your tyre pressure and then the load to your particular regular use( ie passengers or not) and see how you get on ps ATS refills on nitrogen is 1.50 a corner

Comment

Wheel alignment, did Ford do one?

1966 Coupe: 1995-
      1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
      2005 Mustang GT 2014-
      2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
        Wheel alignment, did Ford do one?
        Unbelievably they said they don’t have the facility ! Although they said they checked to see if there was a fault and found nothing wrong - strange ! Not a lot of confidence in taking the car back to them for it’s 3rd. Service. Car still under warranty .Hence having it checked before factory warranty expires , previously serviced by Hendy on the south coast.

Comment

Originally posted by JBGT50 View Post

I had a similar issue with the Pirelli’s I had on originally I have since fitted Eagle F1s and had them filled with nitrogen ​​​​​​ only because they hold tyre pressure longer without constant loss because it’s density. Check your tyre pressure and then the load to your particular regular use( ie passengers or not) and see how you get on ps ATS refills on nitrogen is 1.50 a corner
          I thought if it was tyre pressures the wear would br either central or both outer edges , but when I do change the rear tyres I might well do as you suggest and put nitrogen in as well as try a different make
          currently have the central display on tyre pressures to keep an eye on it, thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=GeneralGrievous;n1242405]

Unbelievably they said they don’t have the facility ! Although they said they checked to see if there was a fault and found nothing wrong - strange ! Not a lot of confidence in taking the car back to them for it’s 3rd. Service. Car still under warranty .Hence having it checked before factory warranty expires , previously serviced by Hendy on the south coast.

[/QUOTE
            Wonder what they do when they do mechanical work then?
            A lot of places do free wheel alignment checks, I just bought 4 new tyres from Qwik-fit and had a free wheel alignment (I knew it would be ok as I had done it not that long ago), usually about 70 for adjustment but said they would discount that if it needed doing as I had bought the tyres. I have to say I had good service from them, unlike National tyres.
            Anyway you can book a free alignment check without buying anything.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
            1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
            2005 Mustang GT 2014-
            2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Working...
            X