Wet/snow mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet/snow mode?

Not a technical problem as such more just a pondering on the way to work. I do switch it to this when it's very wet or been icy (usually 30 seconds into the drive), it definitely seems to change either the steering feel, pedal feel or both, but is that all it does, anybody know?

sigpic

Originally posted by john2502 View Post
    Not a technical problem as such more just a pondering on the way to work. I do switch it to this when it's very wet or been icy (usually 30 seconds into the drive), it definitely seems to change either the steering feel, pedal feel or both, but is that all it does, anybody know?
    Snow/Wet mode is meant to be used in inclement weather and dumbs down the power from the car and changes AdvanceTrack settings as well. Engine power is cut to prevent traction loss on slippery surfaces, while AdvanceTrac is relaxed to allow more wheel spin before engaging. This may sound counterintuitive, but some wheel spin will help your car dig out of the snow.

Comment

Cheers nice one, makes sense to me.

I forgot to mention it's a MY17 (18 plate) pre-facelift car, not sure if that makes a difference
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john2502 View Post
        Cheers nice one, makes sense to me.

I forgot to mention it's a MY17 (18 plate) pre-facelift car, not sure if that makes a difference
        Mine is too mate

Comment

Working...
        X