Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done with your car today ?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have you done with your car today ?

And like me did you get carried away ​​​​​​ I started off with I’m just going to wash the car babe then out came the clay bar and then the mop and 2 stage polish and then sealant
    What about you guys?
    I have had a letter from the government yesterday telling me that myself and my team are key workers so we are back in from Thursday so had to make hay while the sun shines

I've washed and detailed both my cars (S197 and 1965) over the last week. I've even detailed the engine bays. Both were gleaming like your car. I've been using the 65 on the nice quiet roads but on Sunday we had frequent short hail storms and showers. As each hail stone melted there was a big bit of black dust and grit in it so the car is now filthy again. Given that the traffic in the country and Europe is very light at the moment and there is also little air travel where is all this atmospheric dust and dirt coming from. Clearly not cars and transport. Perhaps the greenies should look elsewhere.
    Allan

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN R View Post
      I've washed and detailed both my cars (S197 and 1965) over the last week. I've even detailed the engine bays. Both were gleaming like your car. I've been using the 65 on the nice quiet roads but on Sunday we had frequent short hail storms and showers. As each hail stone melted there was a big bit of black dust and grit in it so the car is now filthy again. Given that the traffic in the country and Europe is very light at the moment and there is also little air travel where is all this atmospheric dust and dirt coming from. Clearly not cars and transport. Perhaps the greenies should look elsewhere.
      Very true Mate ​​​​​​

Comment

Did you take some pictures when you detailed if so please post them

Comment

Comment

I walked past my car on the way home from work, looked at it and thought it would be a nice evening for a drive

Comment

Banged up at home for 12 weeks under the High Risk Group , so have plenty of time on my hands. Therefore also cleaned her. Wouldn’t call myself a detailer, but was happy with my job !

Comment

Here are some pictures of the clean cars

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clean S197.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	530.1 KB
ID:	1247018Click image for larger version

Name:	Clean 65.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	727.9 KB
ID:	1247019

I've also been painting the 65's engine and I am waiting on paint to do the engine bay and black bits

Name:	New painted Engine.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	711.2 KB
ID:	1247020
                Allan

Comment

Here are some pictures of the clean cars

Name:	Clean S197.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	530.1 KB
ID:	1247018Click image for larger version

Name:	Clean 65.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	727.9 KB
ID:	1247019

I've also been painting the 65's engine and I am waiting on paint to do the engine bay and black bits

Name:	New painted Engine.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	711.2 KB
ID:	1247020
                  Very very nice mate Do you have a favourite car? Or is that a controversial question like having a favourite son or daughter lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                    Banged up at home for 12 weeks under the High Risk Group , so have plenty of time on my hands. Therefore also cleaned her. Wouldn’t call myself a detailer, but was happy with my job !
                    Stay safe mate I’m certainly not a professional detailer just a weekend warrior ​​​​​​ I have certainly improved since binge watching the forensic detailing channel on YouTube for product advice information applications and preparation. Check him out mate. Did you take any pictures? Please share them if you did

Comment

Thanks .. I feel fit and strong, it’s just that I’m not allowed to contract the damn thing. Trying to make a to do list of two or three things a day. Never used a clay bar before, so this may be an opportunity to learn that. Need to figure out how to post photos on here properly. Most of my attempts seem to come out the size of a postage stamp.
                      Last edited by Davis Acock; 20-04-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                        Thanks .. I feel fit and strong, it’s just that I’m not allowed to contract the damn thing. Trying to make a to do list of two or three things a day. Never used a clay bar before, so this may be an opportunity to learn that. Need to figure out how to post photos on here properly. Most of my attempts seem to come out the size of a postage stamp.
                        Use a clay bar lubricant Dave I usually do half a panel at a time! Check it after a few passes and then folding the dirt into the clay so you have a clean surface again. If you feel a slight resistance that’s when it’s removing something so do a few passes on the same spot until it passes over smoothly and then fold it in again ​​​​​​ it will take everything off back to the clear coat so remember to apply your wax or sealant after but most of all enjoy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JBGT50 View Post

Very very nice mate Do you have a favourite car? Or is that a controversial question like having a favourite son or daughter lol?
                            I think I prefer the 65 for the smile factor and also it gets more attention from the general public. It is just so different from modern cars. It goes really well and is fully sorted so no overheating or farting about, but it is a little noisy at speed. The S197 is much better on longer journeys and will cruise totally effortlessly and quietly at motorway speeds and the stereo in it is amazing.

Before anyone points out that engine is not Ford blue. I tried to get Ford blue but it was the wrong colour so I added some white to deliberately come away from Ford blue.
                            Allan

Comment

I think I prefer the 65 for the smile factor and also it gets more attention from the general public. It is just so different from modern cars. It goes really well and is fully sorted so no overheating or farting about, but it is a little noisy at speed. The S197 is much better on longer journeys and will cruise totally effortlessly and quietly at motorway speeds and the stereo in it is amazing.

Before anyone points out that engine is not Ford blue. I tried to get Ford blue but it was the wrong colour so I added some white to deliberately come away from Ford blue.
                              You have got the best of both worlds mate

Comment

Working...
                              X