Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done with your car today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omega1 View Post

Vrry nice. I'm getting mine done as soon possible (windows), also getting brake calipers done while I'm at it, will post pics as I get them done.
    Yes please do mate I have always done my callipers myself in the past and I would say to an acceptable standard but I’m not a pro and I’ve got so much love for the car I want a professional finish let us know how much and what they look like and if they rebadged the brembos

Comment

Mot another year and the only advisory ​​​​​​ is to take a jacket next time if you have to social distance and stand outside in some heavy showers like this big daft lump

Comment

Sold it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
          Sold it!!!!!
          I did share it via WhatsApp to non forum members and did get some interest because it is a beautiful car. But many of them said if it was in different times I would of brought it. I’m pleased you managed to secure your sale which is the very very best compliment to you and your car considering the car sales has absolutely crashed and nobody wants to invest in anything with 4 wheels . You had a very special vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by JBGT50 View Post

I did share it via WhatsApp to non forum members and did get some interest because it is a beautiful car. But many of them said if it was in different times I would of brought it. I’m pleased you managed to secure your sale which is the very very best compliment to you and your car considering the car sales has absolutely crashed and nobody wants to invest in anything with 4 wheels . You had a very special vehicle
            Thanks mate, I didn't think it would be so easy to sell.
            Strangely enough a car salesman bought it, he said they were quite busy having just reopened this week.

Comment

Strangely enough a car salesman bought it, he said they were quite busy having just reopened this week.
              While I was waiting for my Mot The salesmen was talking to me( as they do lol) and he said that they had sold a car this morning and they had a family come in to test a Puma when I was there . I hope the economy does recover ASAP and we all can move forward from this nightmare.

Comment

Appreciate it's off topic, my apologies, but, I work in a BMW dealership and started back Monday. We've been very busy. Hope it stays that way too, so my colleagues get the call to come back.
                2018 Facelift Triple Yellow V8 Convertible "The BeeStang"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan1971 View Post

Appreciate it's off topic, my apologies, but, I work in a BMW dealership and started back Monday. We've been very busy. Hope it stays that way too, so my colleagues get the call to come back.
                  A lot of people are just starting back to work and I suppose with this there’s both a back log of maintenance work for vehicles etc I am certainly not an expert and if everyone is completely honest nobody can see into the future as in our generation at least we haven’t lived through a pandemic before. I was listening to a Podcast with Mike Brewer who was quite insightful a few weeks ago ​​​​​​ he predicted that when they returned work in his dealerships initially they are going to be flat out busy. And as I saw yesterday and you have said he’s right in that. He also said that they had been advised that initially they had to drop the price of his stock by 5 or 6% to kick start the trade and this advice would be across the industry. He said in his 2 dealerships that would mean a loss of 1.4 million on his current stocks so he would have to restructure his staff with the potential of 250 redundancies Which is something ​​​​​he doesn’t want to do and a concern for all of us in every industry tbh. Back onto The topic Of this thread I have purchased a Corsa cat back Exhuast on Tuesday night for an unbelievable price and have been on the phone ever since in the hope that I could get it fitted ( kid on Christmas morning and all that) But my go to man at Full torque is flat out for weeks and can’t confirm a fitting date let alone time. And it’s the same story all around Bedford. I am limited in the fact I am on site from stupid o’clock in the morning until daft o’clock early evening so it has to be a local fitting without me having to use more of my annual leave which as a team we have already taken a week each from our entitlements when we were really quiet in the beginning of all of this and a few days here and there for family commitments I don’t have many left to see me through until they start again and so can’t afford to use anymore ( on selfish things ​​​​​) So I am going to have to get my Halfords Jack and stands out on Sunday morning and have some spanner rashes swearing haha and no doubt a visit from Nosey neighbourhood Watchman Peter who will delight in telling me how dangerous it is to Jack up a car and his Dads uncle’s wife’s brother’s sons dog’s puppy was crushed by a car that wasn’t properly jacked up so I shouldn’t really be doing it haha he’s just a lonely guy who means well tbh .

Comment

Personally I think as people go back to work and reality hits home a lot of companies will be sheading staff to keep their business alive or as an excuse to become more profitable.
                    Good luck with the exhaust, I'd come and help if I was local, following social distancing rules of course!

Comment

Personally I think as people go back to work and reality hits home a lot of companies will be sheading staff to keep their business alive or as an excuse to become more profitable.
                      Good luck with the exhaust, I'd come and help if I was local, following social distancing rules of course!
                      Thanks mate

Comment

Today I trhow Cobra out from our 65-HT Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2170.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	1249709 ( alarm system) Heh!

Comment

Originally posted by Finstang View Post
                          Today I trhow Cobra out from our 65-HT Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2170.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	1249709 ( alarm system) Heh!
                          Was it an immobiliser as well?

Comment

Yes it was, and installed by some idiot , I found out about a dozen unreliable connections there. Just joints with paper tape only, no connections no soldering. No wonder why it newer worked well!
                            Last edited by Finstang; 06-06-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Just had a service done at Hendy, the oil life had reached 0% and it was close to the 20,000 service so I had it booked in. They did it at Hendy Performance. All went very well, good feedback from me, nice pleasant staff there.

Have a little project I'm working on for the Mustang will share details soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Finstang View Post
                                Yes it was, and installed by some idiot , I found out about a dozen unreliable connections there. Just joints with paper tape only, no connections no soldering. No wonder why it newer worked well!
                                I have installed and removed 1 on my own cars back in the late 90s when I was a young guy and they were far simpler. I would love to have your skill and patience to be able to undertake such a project ​​​​​​ I would have had to phone an expert. Well done you

Comment

Working...
                                X