Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done with your car today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really good mate

Comment

Thank you, just sold my exhaust system also so refitting the stock premium axle backs tomorrow.
      2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
      2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
      2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

It’s a very personalised pursuit of happiness the acoustics of a V8 I have myself changed from Stock to after market which sounded great but was always loud 6 am falling out with my nice neighbours loud less than 2000 rpm loud lol so back to stock with the front resonator removed . But now I have found for me the perfect system in the Corsa it’s quiet below 2500 rpm but if you want to get on it it’s explodes into endorphins of acoustic bliss .

Comment

I don’t like aftermarket, the ones I want are difficult to get hold of and out of stock on cj pony at the moment so stock will do for a while. Plus the s197 stock ones aren’t that quiet so easy to cope with for a while. TBF I cant take the drone noise being a softie.
          Last edited by Musti; 21-06-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Musti View Post
            I don’t like aftermarket, the ones I want are difficult to get hold of and out of stock on cj pony at the moment so stock will do for a while. Plus the s197 stock ones aren’t that quiet so easy to cope with for a while. TBF I cant take the drone noise being a softie.
            Corsa extreme are one of the very few with guaranteed no drone check them out mate

Comment

They’re after market so wouldn’t be interested.

Comment

I'd love a little more noise, not a huge amount, just a bit, but really don't want to annoy the neighbours. If only there were a system where you could flick a "noise" switch!

Comment

I’ve bit the bullet, I’ve ordered the FR500’s, its cost me a small fortune but it will be worth it. Mr Fenton is assisting with importation from American Muscle. I’ll have to make do with the stock ones during the rest of the summer but if I was to miss any summer, this is probably the one to miss. I think it will take about 2 months for them to arrive.
                  Last edited by Musti; 22-06-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by omega1 View Post
                    I'd love a little more noise, not a huge amount, just a bit, but really don't want to annoy the neighbours. If only there were a system where you could flick a "noise" switch!
                    You can, get some cutouts/valves fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post

You can, get some cutouts/valves fitted.
                      Really?! I need to look into this!!
                      Last edited by omega1; 23-06-2020, 06:10 AM.

Comment

If i remember correctly Roush do an active exhaust not sure if its axleback or cat back they are not cheep tho I think there's an upgrade kit to put valves into a stock system

Comment

Buy some aftermarket ones and weld them into your system before your silencers somewhere. Straight through at a touch of a button.

Comment

I won a Dream science IMAP tuning device for approximately half price ​​​​​​ it’s on its way so will update you next weekend

Comment

Comment

Just a cautionary tale of buying something on trust ​​​​​​ the Dreamscience IMAP tuning device arrived I paid the seller a Mr Finlay Hunt 178 plus P&P and followed the instructions from both the manufacturer and the seller to install the tune on my car . The device is designed for use on up to 5 vehicles as long as it is only paired to one vehicle at a time. This is to stop anyone buying the device installing the tune on their vehicle and then selling on the device and then defrauding Dreamscience from the revenue from a new customer! Unless they have returned there own vehicle to stock. Which the seller would seem to be attempting to do with me unfortunately ​​​​​​. If he had returned his car to stock as he said then there would be no issue unfortunately for me he hasn’t. I contacted Mike at Dreamscience for support and diagnosis and to make sure I was correct and will picture shot his email along with the fault code and hopefully this information will ensure this never happens to one of you. I contacted both eBay and the seller straight away eBay responded but no response from the seller. I should of been able to get a return label from him to return the item but as he didn’t supply one I went to the post office and have paid for the return and tracking number myself as I have been through a similar situation before and unless the item is returned you don’t receive a refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X