Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done with your car today ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

     

    Comment


      Me - I went for a morning coffee and doughnut just to get some miles on the car and to ensure all the fluids have been heat cycled / re-distributed.

      Unfortunately I couldn't get it cleaned before taking the photos

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1255752

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0088.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1255753
      2020 RHB Bullitt in Shadow BlackBullitt L0549
      Shadow Black
      RHD (2020)

      Comment


        Originally posted by dpollard View Post
        Me - I went for a morning coffee and doughnut just to get some miles on the car and to ensure all the fluids have been heat cycled / re-distributed.

        Unfortunately I couldn't get it cleaned before taking the photos

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1255752

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0088.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1255753
        Very nice pictures mate

        Comment


          Practising mig welding today! Couldn't find anyone willing to help me with my floor pans wasted over a year with a heap sitting on my front drive, all "so called" mobile welders in south and west London areas and Surrey not interested.
          If any of them happen to read this, I actually wonder why you bother to advertise on the internet?

          Waited for a couple of welders to get back to me, One welder Trebled his price before starting work so he completely wasted my time for several weeks, another guy said he could help me but it would be a couple of months, 4 months came and went and he finally admitted to me he had taken other customers cars in so could now not do mine!
          So have now bought my own mig welder to try and bring this car back to a safe shell.

          This car has not turned into the retirement fun ride I thought it would be,
          Last edited by 92 GTS-R; 23-11-2020, 08:25 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by 92 GTS-R View Post
            Practising mig welding today! Couldn't find anyone willing to help me with my floor pans wasted over a year with a heap sitting on my front drive, all "so called" mobile welders in south and west London areas and Surrey not interested.
            If any of them happen to read this, I actually wonder why you bother to advertise on the internet?

            Waited for a couple of welders to get back to me, One welder Trebled his price before starting work so he completely wasted my time for several weeks, another guy said he could help me but it would be a couple of months, 4 months came and went and he finally admitted to me he had taken other customers cars in so could now not do mine!
            So have now bought my own mig welder to try and bring this car back to a safe shell.

            This car has not turned into the retirement fun ride I thought it would be,
            That’s a pretty poor show from these businesses and frustrating for you mate! I don’t know where abouts you are but I do know of a company I can definitely recommend ​​​​​​ with service and attention to detail second to non? It’s used by all the classic ford guys and there’s more than a few videos of both there work and results floating about if you want I will post one on this thread ​​​​​​ I would definitely consider getting your car transported to them.

            Comment


              Comment


                 

                Comment


                  So been a bit busy during the last week or so. More housekeeping bits first before I get into the interesting stuff.

                  1st, to keep people who haven't bought it from driving it.

                  Also, something though I am a bit proud of - in the front centre console, the Pony USB adapters.




                  To keep the thing clean, pick these up from my folk.






                  Finally, to get rid of the Kenyan dust from the Safari Rally it completed in the summer, bit of engine bay cleaning. Only kidding about the Safari rally, but god knows where it has been. So much dust under there. Cleaned up the engine, bay, and under bonnet









                  And got my service history from Manchester - at last!! Drove there to get it!!




                  Anyway, all of the simple boring bits out of the way. Proper stuff being installed next!!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Daz-RSK View Post
                    So been a bit busy during the last week or so. More housekeeping bits first before I get into the interesting stuff.

                    1st, to keep people who haven't bought it from driving it.

                    Also, something though I am a bit proud of - in the front centre console, the Pony USB adapters.




                    To keep the thing clean, pick these up from my folk.






                    Finally, to get rid of the Kenyan dust from the Safari Rally it completed in the summer, bit of engine bay cleaning. Only kidding about the Safari rally, but god knows where it has been. So much dust under there. Cleaned up the engine, bay, and under bonnet









                    And got my service history from Manchester - at last!! Drove there to get it!!




                    Anyway, all of the simple boring bits out of the way. Proper stuff being installed next!!
                    Your crackers driving all that way Daz But if you want something I respect your determination and focus

                    Comment


                      I’m sure you enjoyed the drive there and back as long as it was in the Mustang!

                      Comment


                        Yes, I am bonkers, Jay!! But I couldn't face the "Have we received it - not arrived in the post yet?" discussion. I have some holiday days to kill and what better place to go than a NW city.

                        No, sorry, not in Mustang, Silver Dragon. Does that constitute as a major error ?

                        Because I have 4 cars to choose from, sometimes there is a pecking order, sometimes the one that goes out hasn't been out for a while. The latter was the case this time, so took my 6 pot Mondeo.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Daz-RSK View Post
                          Yes, I am bonkers, Jay!! But I couldn't face the "Have we received it - not arrived in the post yet?" discussion. I have some holiday days to kill and what better place to go than a NW city.

                          No, sorry, not in Mustang, Silver Dragon. Does that constitute as a major error ?

                          Because I have 4 cars to choose from, sometimes there is a pecking order, sometimes the one that goes out hasn't been out for a while. The latter was the case this time, so took my 6 pot Mondeo.
                          What 6 pot mondeo is it Daz ST 220?

                          Comment


                            Scratch that was the 220 the 5 pot Volvo lump in the St and Rs focus?

                            Comment


                              No, you were correct. The ST220 was a 3.0L V6. Lovely lump that. I had one of those 2013-2017. Very underrated because it was a Mondeo. But was the only Mondeo that could crack 60 in the 6's and 155mph and also was the last sporty version. Once wound up, it flew.

                              I sold that in early 2017, smoked around in my brother-in law's VW Passat that they gave me. 53 plate 1.8T petrol 250k mile thing. Blew it up when I needed to get to a funeral (of all things) and the top rad hose clip had rusted and snapped and had no choice but to carry on. Lost all coolant whilst I tried to hobble to the service.

                              Managed to get another 3 months out of it from doing nothing after the coolant loss, other than filling it back up and taking my chances. Finally, it broke down on me again - this time, gearbox failure.

                              Got 250 from breakers for that as it was worth peanuts.

                              And went out and bought this for 450 - 2.5L V6 Ghia X. Was a bit of a mess but only 45k miles and a year's ticket. Thought that would get me about!

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Mondeo.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1255814

                              And now looks like this, Needs a bit more work but is about where I need it.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Mondeo 3.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1255815

                              Anyway, sorry folks for bringing a set of eye-saws onto a decent forum. You don't come on here to be confronted with this rubbish.

                              As you were.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Daz-RSK View Post
                                No, you were correct. The ST220 was a 3.0L V6. Lovely lump that. I had one of those 2013-2017. Very underrated because it was a Mondeo. But was the only Mondeo that could crack 60 in the 6's and 155mph and also was the last sporty version. Once wound up, it flew.

                                I sold that in early 2017, smoked around in my brother-in law's VW Passat that they gave me. 53 plate 1.8T petrol 250k mile thing. Blew it up when I needed to get to a funeral (of all things) and the top rad hose clip had rusted and snapped and had no choice but to carry on. Lost all coolant whilst I tried to hobble to the service.

                                Managed to get another 3 months out of it from doing nothing after the coolant loss, other than filling it back up and taking my chances. Finally, it broke down on me again - this time, gearbox failure.

                                Got 250 from breakers for that as it was worth peanuts.

                                And went out and bought this for 450 - 2.5L V6 Ghia X. Was a bit of a mess but only 45k miles and a year's ticket. Thought that would get me about!

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Mondeo.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1255814

                                And now looks like this, Needs a bit more work but is about where I need it.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Mondeo 3.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1255815

                                Anyway, sorry folks for bringing a set of eye-saws onto a decent forum. You don't come on here to be confronted with this rubbish.

                                As you were.
                                I do mate I like to hear about all motoring info and good daily driver advice and experience is I’m sure something we all relate to ​​​​​​ thank mate

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X