Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done with your car today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taken the rack out and replaced the seal that was leaking as it got worse so replaced the track rod ends at same time ,
    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Originally posted by saleen 192 View Post
      taken the rack out and replaced the seal that was leaking as it got worse so replaced the track rod ends at same time ,
      Fair play mate how long did that take? More importantly did you do it undercover or out in the elements

Comment

Originally posted by JBGT50 View Post
        Fair play mate how long did that take? More importantly did you do it undercover or out in the elements
        Dead easy, 2 nuts, 3 bolts and a couple of pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post

Dead easy, 2 nuts, 3 bolts and a couple of pipes.
          Cool I’m hoping this thread sets alight with everyone fitting there Christmas presents they receive from friends and families ( socks and pants are not included in this statement) lol

Comment

Originally posted by JBGT50 View Post
            More importantly did you do it undercover or out in the elements
            Made me smile, Jay. With 2 cars already in the garage at mine, it's like a game of chess to get them out. So work on motors outside, where I find the light better anyway - when it is daylight, that is.

Do you recall / anyone recall the late 1970s programme "Butterflies" ? If you do, then imagine that with our garage, if I needed to get a vehicle in.

So anyway, I work outside. I don't mind working in the cold or the wet. Sun is better, obviously. But snow -- OMG -- working in the snow. That is something that I probably like the least.

If a job has to be done - and that is the only reason I am out there in the snow working on one of them - it ain't much fun in the slippery stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz-RSK View Post

Made me smile, Jay. With 2 cars already in the garage at mine, it's like a game of chess to get them out. So work on motors outside, where I find the light better anyway - when it is daylight, that is.

Do you recall / anyone recall the late 1970s programme "Butterflies" ? If you do, then imagine that with our garage, if I needed to get a vehicle in.

So anyway, I work outside. I don't mind working in the cold or the wet. Sun is better, obviously. But snow -- OMG -- working in the snow. That is something that I probably like the least.

If a job has to be done - and that is the only reason I am out there in the snow working on one of them - it ain't much fun in the slippery stuff.
              Have you got your jacking rails from Bob? Has your Dad got a mustang then? Pictures please

Comment

Yes spoke with Bob on Weds. All good and reckons ETA next weekend (5/6 Dec). Giving him another bell on Sat 5th and then will pop over there to collect them.

Taking my Dad along to see them. Maybe Bob will sell 2 sets in one day!! I did say though if the others in 1st batch are already marked for other people and my Dad likes them, he can come in on the next batch. Bob thinks the 2nd batch will be before Xmas.

Should be good!!

Pictures of their ? Wow! Hold on, let me see what I can find.

Comment

yes easy to get rack out was suprised as not taken a rack out before but did make a mess in my garage with the power steering fluid opps, had to put some heat on the track rod ends as bloody tight got the new power steering hose the other day so will fit that as well, outside on ramps to old for that brought myself a 4poster ramp about 4 years ago best money i have every spent,
                  sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Here we go - this is my parents motor. My Dad owns it, Mum drives it all of the time.

She's not many years off her 80th and loves it with its Roush pipes and induction kit. Someone said it is running around 450 but they have never had it checked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0018.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1255844

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Daz-RSK View Post
                      Here we go - this is my parents motor. My Dad owns it, Mum drives it all of the time.

She's not many years off her 80th and loves it with its Roush pipes and induction kit. Someone said it is running around 450 but they have never had it checked.

Name:	Photo0018.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1255844
                      Wow brilliant mustang family

Comment

Originally posted by saleen 192 View Post
                        yes easy to get rack out was suprised as not taken a rack out before but did make a mess in my garage with the power steering fluid opps, had to put some heat on the track rod ends as bloody tight got the new power steering hose the other day so will fit that as well, outside on ramps to old for that brought myself a 4poster ramp about 4 years ago best money i have every spent,
                        I would love a 4 post ramp wow

Comment

Name:	IMG_20201121_111535.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1255849

Comment

Name:	IMG_20201122_102015.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1255851

Comment

Name:	IMG_20201122_102007.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1255853

Comment

Ready for the snow Salt and whatever else winters bring for a good few years Lanoguard it probably took an hour to get everywhere! Just jet wash the night before is all the preparation you need some pictures are work in progress before I get told off for missing some lol

Comment

Working...
                                X