Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet passenger carpet

Hi

I came out to my 2016 mustang today and discovered water in the passenger footwell. Did a little bit of Googling and found a thread from the us about somebody else who had the same issue. That particular person found that there was three holes behind their drivers door, our passenger door, that were covered up with stickers from the factory. I had a look at mine and found the middle sticker was slightly loose, I fully removed the sticker and used sealant to replace the sticker. I’ve also covered the other 2 holes with sealant just to be on the safe side. I didn’t take a picture of that particular place, but found one online. 1st picture circled in yellow is the middle sticker that I found was slightly peeled. 2nd image circled in green is where the bonnet release handle mechanism bolts too. This is where I suspect the water was entering the cabin. As it was wet inside. As you can see from the metal brackets, it’s been leaking for quite a while due to the amount of rust. Lifted the carpet and dried it al out as best as I could and hopefully I’ve cured the issue. I cleaned the brackets up and will replace once I’m sure the leak has been cured. Will take it for a drive when it’s next raining and find some puddles, won’t be hard in the uk lol.

Last edited by neillv8; 05-10-2020, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for sharing the investigation and your info mate that could save anyone of us a lot of stress and a big dealership bill I will be saving and subscribing to this thread just in case for the future nice one

Comment

With the early RHD models I believe they had a few issues with water coming into the cabin, I think a rubber grommet in the bulk head was the main reason for a lot of the water leaks.
          Editor Round Up
          2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
          2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
          1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21833.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1253996Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21834.jpg
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1253997
            Originally posted by G19 View Post
            With the early RHD models I believe they had a few issues with water coming into the cabin, I think a rubber grommet in the bulk head was the main reason for a lot of the water leaks.
            Yeah, been reading a post about one on the drivers side (rhd)

Comment

To my disappointment I went out today after it being sat all night and found water had entered the cabin again. So as my usual style of not giving up without a fight I searched and searched and searched. And eventually I found this tiny little hole at the end of the rain channel on the roof. Made a video which is on YouTube to prove it’s what I suspect the root cause of my leak. Link attached. Hope this helps anybody else in the same situation. Just need to figure out a way of fixing it permanently now. Any advice?

https://youtu.be/nogtmSibzdc

cheers

Click image for larger version  Name:	F35EB40D-8312-4E2D-B7C9-949F0D2F9B38.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	1254023 Click image for larger version

Name:	FBCD7409-907A-405A-9099-EA2C34B38CA7.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1254024
              Last edited by neillv8; 05-10-2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neillv8 View Post
                To my disappointment I went out today after it being sat all night and found water had entered the cabin again. So as my usual style of not giving up without a fight I searched and searched and searched. And eventually I found this tiny little hole at the end of the rain channel on the roof. Made a video which is on YouTube to prove it’s what I suspect the root cause of my leak. Link attached. Hope this helps anybody else in the same situation. Just need to figure out a way of fixing it permanently now. Any advice?

https://youtu.be/nogtmSibzdc

cheers

Click image for larger version Name:	F35EB40D-8312-4E2D-B7C9-949F0D2F9B38.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	1254023 Click image for larger version

Name:	FBCD7409-907A-405A-9099-EA2C34B38CA7.jpeg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1254024
                That’s surely a warranty issue mate take it back to your local main dealership.

Comment

You've probably already checked but about 75% of sudden leaks into the passenger side that we see turn out to be the heater plenum drains under the bonnet blocking up with leaves and debris. This allows it to fill up and overflow through the heater box intake almost always passenger side.

Comment

Working...
                  X