Drivers side climate controlled seat not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers side climate controlled seat not working

Recently noticed that my drivers seat doesn't change temperature when using the climate controlled seats.

The lights on the button come on, but the relay doesn't click like it does for the passenger side.

Iv checked the connector under passenger seat like Iv saw on other threads, doesn't look burnt or damaged, also checked fuse 14 in engine bay for the climate control seats and all looks OK.

This morning I tried it again, it made the click from the relay but the seat didn't get up to temp.

Going to plug diagnostics in later to see if there's any faults that have flagged up, hopefully it's something easy to sort and not too expensive, not sure how difficult it would be to get a new blower motor if one has became faulty.

2016 RHD UK spec. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have a 2017 Build GT and i have always thought that the heated and cooled seats were not very powerful, my old Fiestas heated seats were warmer and my Hyundai's cooled seats seemed to pump out a lot more air than the mustang,

I would be interested to know if this a fault, or if this is just normal :) i may have to check the connectors under the seats now you have mentioned them...

Comment

I have since plugged a diagnostics computer into it and it reads fault code B272C, just waiting to get more specific info from a mechanic friend and if they can narrow it down a bit further to either wiring or a blower motor, either way not going to be fun taking the seat out.

Comment

Any help? https://www.dtcdecode.com/Ford/B272C

Comment

I admit I haven't read all of it but have a look at this thread, https://www.f150forum.com/f38/ford-t...d-help-388059/

Comment

Thanks for the reply, yeah it seems like a bit of a confusing issue, there doesn't seem to be anyone who's given a definately fix. Since I have a fault code I guess the next step is to disconnect the seat and check the wiring and connectors, I have somebody who may be able to use Etis to scan it or maybe FORscan so don't know wether to hold fire rather than start messing. Knowing my luck I'll think Iv narrowed down the probkblem, replace something and still fix nothing lol.

Comment

Working...
            X