Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT350 Steering Wheel

Hey guys,
    I’m having a custom GT350 steering wheel made up but was wondering if you guys have the correct torque setting for the main bolt that holds the steering wheel on?
    My local Ford dealership is dragging its feet with responding to me so I thought I’d ask you guys.
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Merlin707 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I’m having a custom GT350 steering wheel made up but was wondering if you guys have the correct torque setting for the main bolt that holds the steering wheel on?
    My local Ford dealership is dragging its feet with responding to me so I thought I’d ask you guys.
    Thanks in advance.
    Your in luck ​​​​​​ I just swapped mine out at Christmas and it’s 35 ft lbs . Are you changing your wheel?

Comment

That’s what I fitted ​​​​​​ Dont forget to disconnect your battery

Comment

Originally posted by JBGT50 View Post

Your in luck ​​​​​​ I just swapped mine out at Christmas and it’s 35 ft lbs . Are you changing your wheel?
        Hi JBGT50,
        Yes I’m swapping my wheel for a custom one similar to the GT350 but with a Blue Centre Stripe at the 12 position, Alcantara at the 12 & 6 positions, Perforated leather at the 9 & 3 positions a flat bottom and slightly thicker.

Comment

I did mine at Christmas time ( the picks and air bag clips aren’t as easy or quick as they show in the videos) haha if you have a cat you might want to put it in boarding for the day of installation because even an animated lover like myself would have been tempted to kick one in frustration and temper even though I don’t have one hahaha.

Comment

Comment

Ok I now officially hate you for putting that bloody Roland Rat image in my head.
              You’ve just ruined my Mustang

Comment

I had to do it twice as well as one of the airbag terminals managed to unclip itself during refitting so I got an airbag light on the dashboard. I would like to say that I was quicker with the airbag clips and pick again but I wasn’t hahaha. A friend of mine well two of them have both had steering wheels for Christmas and asked me for advice on fitting. And as one of them have been quick quoted 100 for fitting at Hendy my advice would be to let them fit it . It took me the best part of a day where I could have probably earned twice or 3 times the fitting price and no stress hahaha it is up to you though. I always say the same thing but when a new mod is delivered I 9 times out of 10 do them myself

Comment

How easy was it to remove the OEM controls and fittings from the original wheel and transfer them over to the new one?

Comment

How easy was it to remove the OEM controls and fittings from the original wheel and transfer them over to the new one?
                    Have you got an auto or manual?

Comment

Manuals are a lot more straight forward I would imagine the auto is a lot more involved with more wiring clips and switches ( like mine ​​​​​​)

Comment

There’s 29 pages of my successes and failures hurdles and jumps lol on this thread and others have kindly shared there’s on there too ​​​​​​ please feel free to ask me and questions on any mods and I’m sure the other guys will answer questions to and post yours on there or start your own
                        And like me did you get carried away :rolleyes:​​​​​​ I started off with I’m just going to wash the car babe :confused: then out came the clay bar :emmersed: and then the mop and 2 stage polish and then sealant :cool: What about you guys? I have had a letter from the government

Comment

I had to do it twice as well as one of the airbag terminals managed to unclip itself during refitting so I got an airbag light on the dashboard. I would like to say that I was quicker with the airbag clips and pick again but I wasn’t hahaha. A friend of mine well two of them have both had steering wheels for Christmas and asked me for advice on fitting. And as one of them have been quick quoted 100 for fitting at Hendy my advice would be to let them fit it . It took me the best part of a day where I could have probably earned twice or 3 times the fitting price and no stress hahaha it is up to you though. I always say the same thing but when a new mod is delivered I 9 times out of 10 do them myself
                          I’m exactly the same, I would rather do the MOD install myself as I can then say it’s my hard work and effort that makes my car my own.
                          So far I’ve fitted:
                          1. Ford Performance Strut Brace.
                          2. Ford Performance Engine Coil Covers.
                          3. Ford Performance Gear Knob.
                          4. GT350 Red Start/Stop Button.
                          5. Roush Axel-Back Exhaust.

Ive just ordered the Steeda Hood Strut & Trunk Pop kits, the Roush Cold Air Induction Kit and the Mishimoto Induction Tube.

Comment

I’m exactly the same, I would rather do the MOD install myself as I can then say it’s my hard work and effort that makes my car my own.
                            So far I’ve fitted:
                            1. Ford Performance Strut Brace.
                            2. Ford Performance Engine Coil Covers.
                            3. Ford Performance Gear Knob.
                            4. GT350 Red Start/Stop Button.
                            5. Roush Axel-Back Exhaust.

Ive just ordered the Steeda Hood Strut & Trunk Pop kits, the Roush Cold Air Induction Kit and the Mishimoto Induction Tube.
                            I’ve got the Mishimoto induction tube I also had the Roush cold air ( on tuning and Dyno runs ) I got better results with the Mishimoto cold air kit so I sold the Roush and went full Mishimoto cold air and induction

Comment

There’s 29 pages of my successes and failures hurdles and jumps lol on this thread and others have kindly shared there’s on there too ​​​​​​ please feel free to ask me and questions on any mods and I’m sure the other guys will answer questions to and post yours on there or start your own
                              Thanks very much for your advice it’s really appreciated.
                              Mine is the Manual GT as I wanted that driver/car interaction that you lose with the automatic.
                              I’m content having the automatic limited to my Ford Kuga.
                              My wife is to blame as she bought me it for Christmas just gone, and she also bought me all my initial mods so it’s her fault if I take it further which I am doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X