Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie just Test drove 2018 GT 10 Speed, no discount offered!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie just Test drove 2018 GT 10 Speed, no discount offered!

Hi all, newbie here to the forum, been nipping in and out of my local ford dealer over the last few months in anticipation of the arrival of the updated 2018 which Iíll be ordering later this year to replace my other toy, a 14 year old V8 645ci BMW.

Finally got to drive the 10 speed on Friday through the lanes of Cheshire! Very impressed, even without magneride. Built the car up on the system back at the dealership, Magnetic, Magneride, Custom Pack 2, Auto etc just shy of £47K as expected. Then came the price negotiation or should that be the lack of it! Knowing Im going to loose a few grand when I drive the Car off the forecourt I usually manage to haggle a 5-10% discount off the RRP to soften the blow, but absolutely nothing was being offered in this instance, the salesman even went to see his manager who said no. Now I know these cars have just hit the UK and minimal second hand ones are available so I wondered if anyone has managed to get a deal on one? The 0% APR Ford finance offer has now ceased, I think that was just to shift the last production run on the 2015, Iím hoping this will return later in the year as the initial UK orders slow on the 2018 in the Autumn/Winter usually the worst quarter for new car sales, letís see where it goes. Possibly be a few X demo models on the market then, until then any info on discounts obtained on new car orders would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by KK3960; 13-05-2018, 06:32 PM.

Doubt if you will get `a deal` anywhere on the New 2018 model to be honest..

My 2018 (2017my GT) auto 6 spd specced out would of been another £9k..couldn't justify that ..

Good few deals around on the last of these but getting thin on the ground now with choices.. >:)
    S550GT Grabber Blue 2018 Auto...:D
    1950 Shoebox Custom Hot Rod
    1967 Camaro SS 350
    1967 Mustang Fastback 302
    2005 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Thanks, Itís a 2018 with the 10 speed my heart is set on. Is everyone paying list on recent new orders? Iíve seen discounts on Mercedes Benz C63 AMGís on CarWow of around 12% off a new car, surely there must be some room in the GT for negotiation?

Comment

No chance on discount
        They know they will sell
        Only deals on 17 cars as dealers had back log
        They held back on 18 to shed 17 cars
        So result to buy 17

Even people and indie dealers who ordered early 18 cars will be selling for £50k
        Happened on 15/16 cars

U can have mine for £55k

Comment

Actually u canít

I want it

Comment

Having worked for Ford's, they only tend to do discount on mustang and RS models when they want to sell them to clear ready for the new models, even then the discount isn't great but 0% APR normally makes quite a difference to the monthly.

I also spec up a 2018 model but with what I wanted it was coming to £47-48k at 5.9% APR and silly monthly payments so having owned a 2015 mustang GT which I regretted selling the minute I handed the keys over I purchased a brand new 2017 model which I should hopefully be collecting this month and managed to negotiate £1800 off the car (Not ford privaledge) being as my car total £40500 and I got it down to £38700 not what you call a massive saving.

Comment

I started looking seriously for a new Mustang 5.0 GT at Easter this year and was originally going to get a 2017 model (attracted by the 0%). However, cutting out the long winded version I found 2 orange fury 2018 model at 2 dealers and negotiated a deal by them competing for the sale. Order was placed and paid by the end of April so maybe that was a factor with the sale going towards the Q1 figures.

Comment

Thanks for the info folks, looks like Iím in for a long wait and a mustang free summer then. Iíll assess the situation at Q4, hoping some X demoís may be rearing their heads up on the forecourts by then.

Comment

I had the same experience, no discount, I had to walk out to get a full tank of fuel!

Good job it came with mats lol

Having had my car a few months, it is worth the wait, and the money :)

Comment

Had mine a month now. Got an OK (but not massive) discount by going through CarWow, but first dealer I tried directly wouldn't go beyond a few hundred quid even when pushed. Ironic that I hardly got anything off my Ford whereas I managed to get about 20% off my wife's BMW 5-series! How times have changed...!

Comment

Very rare to get discount on the face lift Mustang if you find a pre facelift one in stock you might but as you say you want the new shape very hard pressed to get one unless they need a sale for the books or you find a cancelled order you can pick up where they have lost deposit .

Comment

If you can find a pre face-lift car it will be a massive bargain by comparison to the later model if you can get it on a 0% deal. I had a look just now for a comparison and if I spec a new model as close to my current 18 plate pre face-lift (magnetic, auto, custom pack with heat/cool/nav, black pack) it winds up costing a shade over 14k more than what my car will cost when paid up and this is without any other extras or magneride.

Had I not got the car I did, when I did, I don't think I would have gotten one at all because that much more for an improved (but essentially the same car) is a bit much.

Comment

Working...
                        X