• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevans
    started a topic GT Spare Wheel

GT Spare Wheel

Hello,

New here, Picked up my Shadow Edition a couple of weeks ago and loving it (apart from a couple of issues that's getting sorted under warranty)

I have looked at the other threads regarding the spare wheel issue with the GT and just wondered if there was any new info on it?

I don't fancy paying the price from American mustang thread link and the below link from this forum seems much more reasonable but my concern is the total diameter difference from the standard wheels to the 18" spare. its over 2".

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthr...r-my-2017-S550

Any advice will be much appreciated

This last question may be stupid so i apologise. Can you put the wider wheels from the rear on the front for the purpose of a spare. My thought was get the uk spare wheel from the 2.3T which will fit the rear but if you got a front puncture then put the rear on the front and the spare on the back but i'm assuming there may be some clearance issues.

I do have the full breakdown cover but that's not the point. My focus st got a slash in the tyre and luckily that had a spare. Since then i said i would never buy a car without a spare but i just had to have a mustang lol.

• ualla
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanski View Post
    Hi everyone new to the forum but I have been following this topic for a while.
    I too have a GT with Brembos but I cant justify the extortionate prices from USA or Aus however I have spotted this recently on fleabay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sp1518511...-/173859559287

Obviously an Italian company has spotted a gap in the market? Strange its quite pricey on fleabay but cheaper on Amazon? I have emailed them to confirm this heel really does fit my car? Lets see what they say?

Will let you know.

Stan
    Hi Stan,

did you get this wheel and try it?

Thanks!
    Will

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    Not arrived yet but as you say it`s the peace of mind, just bought the bare wheel/tyre picked up a jack on Ebay for a tenner. I have the same problem with my Mazda MX5 RF but so far no luck.

Leave a comment:

• brucej
    replied
    Well done Grumpy,
    Bloody expensive, yes! Mine has sat in the boot well, never been used and what's worse I haven't even looked at it since since parting with the money.
    Hey Ho, the price of peace of mind.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    I`ve joined the search for a spare wheel, can`t come up with anything better than those already mentioned. Guess it`ll have to be the Automotive Authority, bloody expensive but can reduce the bill a bit by using STS Imports, £50 freight instead of AA`s 200. Emailed AA to get them to ship to STS container in Tampa still waiting for reply...……………...

Leave a comment:

• Stanski
    replied
    They do more than 1 version on amazon too but the price of those jacks is peanuts easy enough to get hold off, its just the wheel? See what they reply with? Looks very much like the Dynamec one? Which you cant buy anyway? Odd?

Leave a comment:

• mad4v8
    replied
    Delivery on Amazon is certainly cheaper.

Looks like Ebay includes a jack, amazon doesn't

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mustang wheel amzn.PNG Views:	0 Size:	229.7 KB ID:	1233505Click image for larger version  Name:	Mustang spare eby.PNG Views:	0 Size:	148.9 KB ID:	1233506
    Last edited by mad4v8; 10-06-2019, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanski
    replied
    Hi everyone new to the forum but I have been following this topic for a while.
    I too have a GT with Brembos but I cant justify the extortionate prices from USA or Aus however I have spotted this recently on fleabay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sp1518511...-/173859559287

Obviously an Italian company has spotted a gap in the market? Strange its quite pricey on fleabay but cheaper on Amazon? I have emailed them to confirm this heel really does fit my car? Lets see what they say?

Will let you know.

Stan

Leave a comment:

• Pilgrim
    replied
    https://nemesisuk.com/

they sell a spare wheel kit

Leave a comment:

• Bedford Muscle
    replied
    Vmeldlew,
    Try below from Automotive Authority.
    https://www.automotiveauthorityllc.c...-brembo-brakes

Say's it's for GT, but description says will fit the Ecoboost also (can't attest to it as have a GT).

If you don't fancy buying through the US, you can also find below:
    https://nemesisuk.com/collections/mu...tk-musgt15-kit

Leave a comment:

• Vmeldlew
    replied
    Hi sorry to revive this but I'm trying to get some answers on a spare for my 2016 ecoboost.

I planning on doing a couple of weeks around the alps in September and don't like the idea of not having a spare. There are a few ford spacesavers knocking around which i know for clearance and fitting wont be an issue front or back. but the sizes of the tyres are confusing me.

The tyres on mine are 255 40 19's
    the ford space savers are 155 60 18's
    and the spare from automotive authority in the sates is a 155 70 19

I've read a little bit on diff windup which leads to me believe either spare fit to the rear isn't a good idea? is this right?

for comparison the Ford Spare is 6.7% smaller than the standard wheel
    and the automotive authority spare is 1.8% larger than the standard wheel

https://imgur.com/zD0WP77 - Ford Spare Size comparison
    https://imgur.com/KbnoZBp - Automotive authority Size comparison

Am I being daft here and missing something completely obvious?

Lastly, I've been in touch with a company called Tyremen who supply space savers for lots of vehicles, They don't do a mustang kit yet but they have agreed to send me a 135 80 18 wheel and tyre with a 70.6 bored out centre. He's said it might not fit over the calipers but they are happy to give me a fill refund if it doesn't fit. All for £255 and that includes a jack brace and storage bag.
    This wheel works out half and inch smaller overall and is 1.9% smaller than the standard.

so again, diff windup, is it something to worry about?

Thanks all, oh and Hello :D

Leave a comment:

• Tim_
    replied
    Surely there's a steel 19" space saver from another OEM which will fit?

Leave a comment:

• Drogon
    replied
    I bit the bullet a month or so ago and ordered the spare wheel from the US , the one that brucej sent the link to . It arrived after around 3 weeks , yes it fits over the big calipers , comes with the jack , brace and thread extension adaptor ...... expensive experience , esp when you include the import duty on top of it all but long term it gives me peace of mind . The gunk and compressor that comes as standard I have kept , as if I ever sell the car that's what will be going in the boot 'as standard' ;-)

Leave a comment:

• brucej
    replied
    Originally posted by snap on pete View Post
    Jesus i have bought cars cheaper than that !!..
    Jep I couldn't agree more I recently bought a Jag for £500 one owner from new with known service history. It runs sweet and has 5 good wheels and tyres. I use it almost ever day while the Mustang is tucked away in the garage and I love that old car. Some things in life are crazy but if I hit a rock at the top of the Gotthard Pass I will be ok unless I'm stupid enough to hit another!!!

Leave a comment:

• Speedtwin58
    replied
    S550 spare

Originally posted by snap on pete View Post
    Jesus i have bought cars cheaper than that !!..
    I agree but maybe Pete you could add this to your inventory of s550 parts. They might do a discount for a “bulk” order and certainly the shipping would be cheaper. Tax too as based on cost. I for one would be interested but not at £500 for a spare!

Chris

Leave a comment:

Working...
X