Mexican block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexican block

A friend of mine has a Mexican 302 which he has squirreled away at the back of his garage. He has often wondered about the casting marks on the block, as they are different to the US built units, and I thought the collective MOCGB knowledge maybe able to help him :)

75ZY-6015-AA
    4K15V
    21H4

he has tried the usual decoder sites, but the info based around the Mexican blocks isn't always consistent , any ideas?
    Andy

'Note left on fridge door - I have gone to work in the garage for an hour. If an hour has passed, please reread the above note'

Currently own....... (but selling some of the two wheeled beasties)
    1966 289 Mustang Coupe
    2001 Triumph Bonneville 790
    2009 Triumph Speed Triple 1050

1965 Triumph Tiger 100SC SOLD
    1969 Triumph Trophy TR6P SOLD

and a dog.....................not for sale, you wouldn't want him, he smells

If I remember correctly, the Mexican blocks are better guality, less pourus casting better for machining.
    Chris
    sigpic

Hurry on sundown.....See what tomorrow brings.....

Comment

Yeah, I've read about them being a desirable block.
      Andy

'Note left on fridge door - I have gone to work in the garage for an hour. If an hour has passed, please reread the above note'

Currently own....... (but selling some of the two wheeled beasties)
      1966 289 Mustang Coupe
      2001 Triumph Bonneville 790
      2009 Triumph Speed Triple 1050

1965 Triumph Tiger 100SC SOLD
      1969 Triumph Trophy TR6P SOLD

and a dog.....................not for sale, you wouldn't want him, he smells

Comment

usually because it has a higher nickle content and the same main caps as a Hipo if my knowledge is current
        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
          usually because it has a higher nickle content and the same main caps as a Hipo if my knowledge is current
          Yes it is, I have 2 at the workshop along with a 5 bolt Hipo engine.

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
          01992 890969..............07590 431511
          www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
          https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Comment

Working...
          X