66 rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

66 rebuild

After my recent rear shunt, I decided to get a few bits done on my 66 coupe alongside the rear end repairs.

Out with the rotten rear quarter alongisde a few other rotten bits and fitment of a gt rear balance.

Will post some more pics when the works completed

Very nice, You are doing the car proud. Peter
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Proper job.

Comment

Weldings nearly finished prep for paint today. Looking forward to collecting the car next week

Comment

Hi Arron its looking good. My car could do with a respray now but it will have to wait until next year. I am busy fixing the squeaky front suspension at the moment but I am also giving the underwing area a good coating of Body Schutz using a compressor and gun, not aerosols (they are no good). It will protect the car and also seems pretty good at stopping the panels resonating. I think you should consider this after all that work. Also make sure you have the shields undeer the front wings with good rubber edging on them.
          Allan

Comment

Hi Alan sounds good I'll have a look at it hoping to get the car back next week

Comment

Good luck with the car. I have used aerosol stone chip/underbody guard to quite good effect BUT the covering is nowhere near as heavy as using a schutz gun.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
              1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
              2005 Mustang GT 2014-
              2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Nearly done

Comment

Coming on nicely
                  Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Comment

Good as new well nearly

Comment

Arron, It looks nice and I like the GT valance. Only one thing I noticed in the photos is the fit of the rear bumper at the sides. I'm not sure if its fitted a bit twisted.
                      Allan

Comment

The valance wouldn't fit particularly well unfortunately. The cars going in for a full respray early next year so going to get a better one or get this one adjusted further

Comment

Looking good!
                          Midland Mustangs LTD
                          Sourcing and Sales of 1960s Classic Mustangs
                          www.midland-mustangs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X