Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65 engine bay dimensions

Hi
    So Iíve measured my engine bay to death before I cut out the front battery tray apron (fell out) diagonals front to rear etc etc... Anyway before I put the new one in I just wondered if there was a record anywhere of the ford engine bay dims, just to double check against. Iíve got the frame rail pic but canít find anything about the bay, Iím guessing itís not on the web?
    All help greatly appreciated

thanks

Well, When you go to fit that panel it won't be exactly like the original stamping so......and I may get crap for this, I would fit it so it fits all the other bits in place visually and makes a straight light down the whole inner fender and weld away, The dimensions of that stamping (if like the ones we have one) won't be the same as the one removed. They are usually much less defined.

I assume you want the width at the rad support joint to other side rad support joint and length shock tower to rad support as spot on as possible. I can take measurements Monday when I am back at work if you are still looking off my 66 Shelby never welded car.

Peter
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Pete
      As always great advice. Dims from a proper job would be excellent thanks. The panels not the greatest so Iíll get it to fit as good as possible and do a test fit with the fender on before a full weld.

Comment

You're way over analysing this; as Peter says weld it in so the fender and shock cover bolts line up,everything else should fall into place. If you measured an original then you would need a NOS Ford apron to match those measurements. Repro stuff will always need a bit of fettling to fit. Ford slotted most of the bolt holes to allow quite big tolerances - no lasers and robots then..

Comment

Cheers Richard
          It is a repro panel came with the car, doesnít have any of the ford line up holes so itíll be test fit and fettle. I have a few self tappers to test fit it before welding in. Hopefully tomorrow is the start of putting her back together

Comment

Working...
          X