Iridium Plugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iridium Plugs

Anyone using Iridium plugs in their V8? If so, have you widened the plug gap at all? Or left it as recommended gap?
    Cheers.
    sigpic

I have run them in 2 previous M3s but not in a Ford V8 in the M3 they were exactly the same gap because they are the same spec as the oem but they did last a lot longer than the original plugs. I had a Porsche before the M3 and they were already being used by them so instead of usual they lasted to the inspection 2 services without any problems and are supposedly better for the coils ( or coil packs) depending on product or brands they are being used with. When it comes to my first service I will be using them again. But itís definitely down to personal preference depending on use. I hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by JBGT50 View Post
      I have run them in 2 previous M3s but not in a Ford V8 in the M3 they were exactly the same gap because they are the same spec as the oem but they did last a lot longer than the original plugs. I had a Porsche before the M3 and they were already being used by them so instead of usual they lasted to the inspection 2 services without any problems and are supposedly better for the coils ( or coil packs) depending on product or brands they are being used with. When it comes to my first service I will be using them again. But itís definitely down to personal preference depending on use. I hope that helps
      Thanks, interesting.
      Obviously the oem plugs for my 71 were standard copper, so I would hope to see a slight improvement. I remember reading that you can open the gap a bit over standard for a bigger spark, as I think they said the 'pull' on the ignition system was lighter than a standard plug, so there was 'more juice' for a bigger spark? (Think I got that right from what I can remember!)
      As the plugs in your M3's were original spec they would of been gapped to optimum as standard.
      Cheers!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X