Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

65 subframe connectors, worth it or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65 subframe connectors, worth it or not?

Hi
    Looking into subframe connectors for my 65, just wondering if they are a good addition or a waste of time and effort, Iím not going on the track but I do have a tendency to drive the sh#t out of everything.

appreciate any thoughts or experiences

thanks

Yes

And brilliant for jacking the car up
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Good man, any recommendations? Iíve been looking at fabbing my own using the daze cars plan

Comment

I dont like the ines that you open up the frame rail like a can to insert it in

I like the bolt on that you then weld

I have a few sets in stock if you want to measure them
        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Brilliant I might just take you up on that one, Whatís the kind of price for a set of the ones you have?

Comment

Hello Sawyles. Not looking to sell at this time, Cheers. Peter

Comment

Ok no worries just wondering, I must admit Iím not keen on cutting the frame rails however I may be able to modify the design to sit over them as per the tcp ones mmmmm. I need to work from home lol!!
              Attached Files

Comment

I was saying I don't like the ones that require cut frame rails. Think they are called Tinnerman.

I like the ones that have flanges that go over them and you weld them on. I like the square ones as they give a great surface to jack on

Comment

Sorry to jump in on this.
                  I'm interested in this discussion ,as I am in exactly the same position and was also looking at Daze Cars design.
                  https://dazecars.com/dazed/sub-frame.html
                  BTW (I have drawn it up in Autocad, and can add metric dimensions if you need).
                  Peter what is your concern with sliding box section connectors into the end of the existing rails and plug welding to then, and also running a bead around the open can end? I would have though continuing the line of the existing rail was a better than overlapping to one side?

Comment

Hi Ste
                    Ooooo Autocad I like a bit of cad Iíll PM ya if youíd care to share. Iím only down the road from you, Iíve looked at the mike Maier ones they look awesome but expensive, Iím in engineering so I kind of come from the approach of Ďi Can do that myselfí well hopefully! Iím not sure what structural issues cutting the frame would have one way or the other to be fair

Comment

Dazecars tech articles are brilliant. I used their template and tracking settings for a Shelby drop and the detail they go into is great.

Regarding the frame connectors, I would have no problem with doing as they suggest. Removing the frame rail end caps will make no difference to the structure.

Cheers, Ron

www.stsimports.co.uk
                      www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk

Comment

Frame connectors are on my to do list this winter, as are performance strut rods, probably global west...looking to tighten the old girl up this year
                        1966 Mustang GT Coupe A Code 289 4V. Guardsman Blue with Diamond White stripes. 15" TT D wheels with BFG 215/60/15F 225/60/15R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOltx...e_gdata_player
                        If it aint broke...Fix it till it is!!

Comment

Yeah daze is a great resource I made some adjustable strut rods based around his design and just ordered the bearings to make some roller perches. Next step is the frame connectors though I may tweak it a bit to fit over the frame rather than cut into it??

Comment

I used to fabricate these from these plans (with a couple of mods) and sold a dozen or so via the Forum and added them to my two 66's. Neat design and a perfect mounting point for rear radius arms.

Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyles View Post
                              Hi Ste
                              Ooooo Autocad I like a bit of cad Iíll PM ya if youíd care to share. Iím only down the road from you, Iíve looked at the mike Maier ones they look awesome but expensive, Iím in engineering so I kind of come from the approach of Ďi Can do that myselfí well hopefully! Iím not sure what structural issues cutting the frame would have one way or the other to be fair
                              Sawyles, Happy to share, I've drawn it as if the steel was 2Ē, but in reality I can only really get 50mm box. PM me.
                              Last edited by Ste; 25-09-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X