Connector in the Bulkhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connector in the Bulkhead

Hi a 1964 mustang owner looking to remove a connector in the bulkhead as i need to rewire one of the plugs, its the 6 plug that hosts the heater and the ignition wires, anyone have i diagram on how it disconnects its caked in tough bulkhead sealer so i cant see any way of popping it out easily and i don't want to damage it....thanks

Just pull on it, it will come loose. The plug on the other side should be nicely affixed to the bulkhead so should not come out. If you are worried you can have someone on the inside holding the plug on that side with channel locks and a rag.
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

As above a medium flat head with a sharp end to separate the plugs. There are no clips or stepped plugs. Good luck.

Comment

Hi thanks for the replies, yes I knew I could pull them apart, its the one part of the connector in the bulkhead i want to remove maybe i didn't make it clear. I've taking sealer off from around it and there seems to be a metal part holding it in place on the bulk head i cant seem to shift it and i don't want to force it and break it Thanks once again.

Comment

Working...
        X