Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharging my 65

Hi All
    Well with crazy times come crazy ideas ( hope you’re all well and keeping safe by the way)
    I’d really love to supercharge my 65 289 but as always budget is the ultimate restriction!! Ideally I’d like someone to say I’ve got a full Paxton you can have for peanuts but hey we can all dream, and before anyone says why?
    They look great sound great and I want one! Enough said

anyone got any experiences or anecdotes they’d care to share, or even better parts!! I’ve thought about buying a used one off EBay of some sorts and Fabing up the necessaries?

just a pipe dream no pun intended

Ps I may have a line on a carb and enclosure so it’s just the supercharger really

Comment

You need to search out and correspond with a guy called zray. He is on the Shelby forum and the VMF. He ran a K code with a Paxton and knows his xxxx when it comes to going fast.

PS He does not suffer fools, so be on the ball.
      Last edited by cobraboy; 25-03-2020, 06:02 PM.
      sigpic
      You can never have enough black under the hood.

Comment

Cheers
        I’ve had some correspondence with him regarding his boss engine crossmember. Seems an ok dude

Comment

Ya he is a great fella, just don't rile him up.
          He will help you out with set up etc. I have much respect for him.
          sigpic
          You can never have enough black under the hood.

Comment

I’ve pinged him see what comes back

Comment

Where we’re all these Cannock members when I lived there???
              2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
              2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
              2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

There’s more than one!!! Lol

Comment

I have 2 of his crossmembers new in the box. have not installed them yet. Very nice gear

Also had a Paxson in an enclosure on a 67 Vert with a 289, I found the result not worth the expense. I found it murdered bottom end as it took a huge effort to turn the pulley. Upper end (well as far upper as you want to go in a 50 year old convertible) was good but who wants to go 110mph. I want a kick in the bum.

A few years later I went with a BDS 671 roots blower on a 68 Coupe with a 351. Mental on a whole other level but then you needed a road the width of a runway to keep it going straight, Mental and over 20k for engine and blower but at least I can say I did it.
                  Attached Files
                  Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                  We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Pete
                    (hope you're well) As always thanks for you input, I was going to purchase one of his crossmembers myself as they look the Dogs!! but it got really expensive with the shipping and the engineer in me thought mmmmm 20/25 worth of material (plus the fab shop welder at work is an artist!!) I'm more grinder than welder . Z-Ray is a great bloke chatting with him last night put me on to a guy called Craig Conley just waiting for a response.
                    As for the blower it's just an itch that from time to time I need to scratch, and wondered how many guys had experience of it and whether I can bring it home for a budget, I've swapped out the 2:80 gears for 3:55 quick performance so hopefully that'll make some big improvements. Its slowly coming together. Summer fun hopefully, If we're all allowed out by then fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi
                      I have a Paxton on a 302 in a 67 coupe. It’s the carb hat version. Also put a smaller pulley on because you can ! 10 psi approx. Was 270 now 450 hp and tq (engine). V happy with increase. Blew t5 had to upgrade got an afr gauge to tune. not really a bolt on and done thing, lots of tinkering needed to get right makes car fun which is what I wanted.
                      adrian
                      1967 289 Coupe. Paxton supercharger T5 Trans.

Comment

Working...
                      X