Radiator hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator hoses

Please could someone tell me the difference between a 302 and 289 regarding radiator hoses. I’m trying to order bottom and top hose, but they say hoses are specific for each. Radiator has outlets on passenger side. I have a 67 but I don’t know what engine I have? Cheers

I ended up buying 5 radiator hoses to replace my top and bottom hoses on the 289, some were too short for the job or wrong shape. Hopefully you'll have less hassle. Even the ones that I fitted in the end (Ford logo hoses - the real deal) were way too long and had to be cut. I must have cut about 6 inches off the bottom hose between either end cuts. Not the easiest of tasks as the hose is angled up to the engine so you need to judge the angle. I think I nibbled the end 4 times before I gave up and it was still a little long with a bit of a buckle in the hose.

Have fun with it.

Comment

When I got an exchange rebuilt engine for our '68 some years ago I reverted from a 302 to a 289, which was correct for the car. The rad hoses just connected up no probs.
      Last edited by superaquarama; 23-05-2020, 11:32 PM.

Comment

All to do with the water pump you have fitted. As you state in your post your outlets are on the left hand side (standing in front of car looking at engine) go back to your supplier and tell them that.
        Best wishes

Comment

I bought a silicon hose set from CJ Pony for my 289 (both outlets on the passenger side as per above).

Expensive but fitted fine (and hopefully fitted and forgotten!)

Comment

Don't forget to put a spring in the bottom hose so it doesn't collapse when the engine speed increases.

Comment

Working...
            X