Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convertible pump motor - refurb or replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible pump motor - refurb or replace?

The pump motor on my '66 appears to have died - It has been very slowly dying for a while. Have kept the reservoir topped up, no air lock and no leaks. Can these pumps be rebuilt?
    I see that NPD list 3 types of pump - does anyone have any idea what the differences are or have a recommendation for any of them? My preference is for the OEM one.

topmotorrepair.com has good piccys.

I'd pull it to bits first, can't be that complicated. You can still work it manually but it's a bit heavy without helper springs.

Comment

Thank you - will look into that; nothing to lose

Comment

After trying to fix pump without success, I opted to replace with one made by ACP and supplied by CJ Pony Parts. Part arrived within a week - but the reservoir mounting bracket welds has broken in transit. Contacted ACP directly and they despatched a new reservoir same day - cannot fault their response and service. BTW no response from CJ!
        However beware: the ACP pump comes with a rubber bung rather than a filler cap. The bung is really difficult to remove and I managed to rip one. For the time being I have refitted the old reservoir so that i have a means of topping up. I shall now modify the 2 spare reservoirs, that I now have, by moving the filler to the side: that should allow me to monitor and refill more easily and with less mess. Pics to follow in due course.

Comment

Working...
        X