P700 tripod headlights on a 65 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P700 tripod headlights on a 65 Mustang

I was browsing the US sales ads for Mustangs and one car has tripod headlights that I think look kind of mean (sick if you are under 30). Has anyone fitted a P700 conversion including moving the sidelight up into the headlight. That must just be an easy wiring mod to do and gets the sidelight away from the front indicator light.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	1258153

Yep I’ve got these on my 68 but I fitted a brand new modern wiring loom and can’t remember if it came with side light wiring
    07 Cali special
    68 fastback
    75 grannycoupev8

Comment

That's good to know. I'll buy in a pair of the P700's and look to fit those sometime in the Summer when its a tad warmer. If I can recover this thread I'll post up some pics before and after so people can see if its something that would appeal to them or not.

Comment

Always impatient, I've ordered the lights and also some old style Lucas bullets and black single plus double connectors to splice and dice the wiring to ground and to divert the 12v to the sidelight bulb. These are useless connectors from my MGB experience as they need regular sanding to maintain a good contact but they are kind of era correct.

The P700 units have on the housing the three locating bars around the circumference that look different to the three bumps on the US lights. So a question to missfasback I guess, did the locating bars need cut, bent or completely removed to get the light unit to fit the Mustang housing. I've got a dremel and pliers ready just in case they do need subtle mounting mods at the rear of the unit. While I'm at the front lights I have some LED indicator lamps ready to fit. I bought these a couple of years back at the same time that i purchased rear LED lights which were one of the best buys that I have done. They do provide a massive improvement in brightness between brake and sidelight that you just don't get from one two filament bulb through a red lens. I just didn't get around to fitting the front set at the same time.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1258192

Comment

Fitted straight in on the 68 bucket
          07 Cali special
          68 fastback
          75 grannycoupev8

Comment

Working...