65 heater box has no resistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65 heater box has no resistor

My blowers not working and my heater box hasn't got a resistor ?
    Dodge Dart GTS 440 RPM heads .590 cam NA 3150#
    1.44 60ft 6.43 at 106.78, 10.14 at 132.88 mph
    Best ever 60ft 1.36

Mines a 65 and doesn't have one, early 65's are 3 wire motors where as later models had 2 (plus the resistor) loads of stuff on vintage mustang forums about this very thing

Comment

As said above the 65 heater motor is a two speed motor. The switch on the dash selects the speed. and it sounds like a wiring or switch problem.
      Allan

Comment

My heater box doesn't have the resistors for the variable speed but someone has hard wired the switch to the motor so it runs at high speed irrespective of the switch speed setting. It's an easy wire job, and messy in my particular case, to bypass the heater box component.

Comment

I've just fixed it, it turned out to be the earth on the motor, it was attached but almost broken through. Put a fresh connector on and it now works but only on high speed. It works on both speeds, when connected direct to the battery. I'm not too bothered about that, I just wanted to be able to defrost the windows and get warm. I've already rebuilt the heater. Thanks for your replies

Mick
          Best ever 60ft 1.36

Comment

Originally posted by deaks View Post
            I've just fixed it, it turned out to be the earth on the motor, it was attached but almost broken through. Put a fresh connector on and it now works but only on high speed. It works on both speeds, when connected direct to the battery. I'm not too bothered about that, I just wanted to be able to defrost the windows and get warm. I've already rebuilt the heater. Thanks for your replies

Mick
            How many wires come from the motor? Single speed is two and double speed is three
            Allan

Comment

It's a two speed with three wires, I fitted a new aftermarket fuse box, maybe I forgot to connect the slower speed.
              Best ever 60ft 1.36

Comment

Originally posted by deaks View Post
                It's a two speed with three wires, I fitted a new aftermarket fuse box, maybe I forgot to connect the slower speed.
                OK. To test the motor make sure the earth is good. I think the earth has a bolt connector. The other two are bullet connectors. Put a 12v supply to one bullet and then the other. The motor should run fast on one and slow on the other. If it does this the fault is in the switch and you don't have power from one side of the switch.
                Allan

Comment

I checked it when I repaired the earth, it works fine across the battery, I may not have connected it, when I fitted my new ebay fuse box.
                  Best ever 60ft 1.36

Comment

Working...
                  X