Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Plates

Hi all

Whilst my '69 Mach 1 is being repaired I thought I'd treat her to some vintage plates (i.e. silver on black pressed aluminium). Anybody got any recommendations of where to source these from? There are places on the internet, but some look better than others.

Thanks
    calum

Originally posted by calio View Post
    Hi all

Whilst my '69 Mach 1 is being repaired I thought I'd treat her to some vintage plates (i.e. silver on black pressed aluminium). Anybody got any recommendations of where to source these from? There are places on the internet, but some look better than others.

Thanks
    calum
    Theres quite a few people on ebay that will make your plates.javed

Comment

Here you go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pair-of-NEW-Cu...QQcmdZViewItem
      Andy

PRESENT
      12 VW CC GT :-s

PAST
      03/04 Cobra Sonic Blue
      95 GT Convert Laser Red clearcoat
      98 V6 Coupe Atlantic Metallic Blue

Comment

What's wrong with your car?

Comment

Justin - power steering pump was xxxxing transmission fluid everywhere as it was completely worn inside plus valve leaking. It was wired wrongly which meant it was losing voltage somewhere and wouldn't start, despite my attempts to wire the alternator straight to the battery. the rear suspension was shot (no compliance) and there was corrosion under fuel tank. engine mounts and front suspension needed attention and the brakes (oh the brakes) - rear flexi brake hose perished and cracked, and radiator approx 3/4 blocked.

i decided to get brakes upgraded anyway as it was pretty scary when it wouldn't stop.

all in all bit of a pain but will be great when finished.

Comment

number plates

hello m8,
            just a point before you buy alloy ones.

ive got black perspex plates with silver lettering, look good, dont corrode

and very easy to clean also ! :D

cheers,neil.66 :Burnout
            V8 BLACK BEAUTY

just one more job to do..........................

Comment

power steering pump was xxxxing transmission fluid everywhere
              It's better if you don't put transmission fluid in them
              lol

Comment

cheers neil where did you get yours from? cal

Comment

wiggy - i meant power steering fluid (!)

Comment

Originally posted by neil.66 View Post
                    hello m8,
                    just a point before you buy alloy ones.

ive got black perspex plates with silver lettering, look good, dont corrode

and very easy to clean also ! :D

cheers,neil.66 :Burnout
                    I've got black perspex plates as well. They may not corrode, but the top surface can start to separate, making them look tatty. That's what's happening to mine, and I'll be getting some proper metal ones soon.

More pictures

Comment

Have a look at this thread and the other thread in the post http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6250

Comment

Tippers are excellent with a huge range (they are on the web http://www.tippersvintageplates.co.uk/) - father in-law has got highly polished pressed aluminium that have been lacquered. 7 years on and they are still great and he does nearly 10K pa in his MGA. Not the cheapest, but they are very good quality.

You'll need to photocopy your V5 and a utility bill though. Not many places make plates without proof of ownership and age these days...

Comment

Got mine at Framptons in Waterlooville (near Portsmouth)

Really friendly 24 hour service and great quality.

http://pl8s.co.uk/

ETA: Just looked at their website and they've got a new gallery page which features a good few mustangs (most of which will be familiar to all on here) and a few famous faces. I'm going to have to send them a pic of Daisy on set. :D
                          Last edited by Shellz; 17-05-2007, 06:19 PM.
                          Previously owned: 1973 Mach 1, Daisy (the Saxondale Stang), and 1979 Pace Car, Jackie.

Comment

As above, i always use Framptons as well. Excellent service, and excellent product...

Comment

Is Dave doing the work Cal?

Comment

Working...
                              X