suspension what should i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension what should i do

hi chaps and girls want to replace all the suspension bits on my 1968 fastback got a price from two parts suppliers in the us one was 599 dollers the other was 539 dollers thats not including shipping . im worried because never had anything so heavy sent from us and dont want to pay a high import duty can get the same bits here except from coil springs and will cost over 600 going to phone round to day will try arp mustang and a few other number i got . any advice please as i dont know what to do for the best thanks

Well that's about 300. Goods like that don't get past C&E so figure on paying 30 import duty and 58 VAT which is 388 plus at least 13 for the clearance fee which is about 400.

So you have to ask what the shipping is (which also attracts VAT). I sent two 20" wheels to the US for 138 recently (total weight 35kg) and since US shipping is in dollars and converts at $2 to the , it may not work out too bad. My guess would be somewhere round the $200 mark but you'd have to ask them. If you get the package size and weight, UPS and most parcel carriers have a function on their website to calculate the shipping cost.

It's possible that Moving Parts can bring it in cheaper but you'd still need the size and weight so they can tell you.

Comment

Steve - its always cheaper buying it in from the states yourself. I've posted the rough conversion factors on here before. Who are you thinking of using?

Never been charged import duties, only ever been VAT plus a handling charge. Any supplier who regularly ships abroad will be able to give you an estimated shipping cost. If they can't then they clearly don't do much international shipping.
      As before ask who they ship with - US Postal service takes ages. Pay a bit more for DHL, UPS or Bax Global but it depends who they have an account with.

Go for it - place your order with the states. Its good fun waiting for it all.....!

Comment

suspension parts

was going to use cj pony parts or californa mustang . thanks for your help chaps

Comment

Originally posted by steve hiscox View Post
          was going to use cj pony parts or californa mustang . thanks for your help chaps
          Just seemed quite cheap that was all...? Depends whats in the kit I guess. I think my super suspension kit was around $800 from memory. Anyway, if you're happy then give it a go..

Comment

Working...
          X