1964 1/2 interior colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1964 1/2 interior colour

I have a 64 1/2 coupe in rangoon red with a red interior. Interior is in fair original condition but will need to be sorted eventually.
    Does anybody on here know what red it is, I have been told by california mustang that it is known as bright red and 66 is dark red.
    I think it's the other way round as my interior seems a darkish red?
    I have seen on the Web descriptions of, red, bright red, dark red and maroon. I know mine isn't maroon but what is the correct red for 1964? In some pics I've seen of 64s it looks like a blood red, is this known as just red or dark red?

Mustang Specs

Not sure if what you are looking for is on this site

http://www.mustangspecs.com/years/64-65.shtml
    Editor Round Up
    2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
    2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
    1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

hi g19

thanks for the reply and link. i guess that if i look for a 1964 red mustang interior it would be correct, is there a difference to the red colour between 64 & 65? i know all this sounds a bit picky but i just want to order the correct red, or should i just get a full interior kit ....in 65 red???
      so frustrating.

Comment

Check your door data plate and see what no. the trim code is? This may help.
        85 is the earlier red and 25 is the later red.

I might be wrong but the 66 has slightly different rosette inserts in the seat trim o the 65. I cant recall.
        Order the whole set as you can order the fronts separate but not the rears IIRC just in case you were thinking of doing the fronts only by the way. :)
        Midland Mustangs LTD
        Sourcing and Sales of 1960s Classic Mustangs
        www.midland-mustangs.co.uk

Comment

Yes I think I will just order the whole kit, at least all the red will match.
          And it's 85 code for trim, red.

Comment

Working...
          X