Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Mounts

Hey All

I have been told that I need to get new engine and gearbox mounts and have also been told by a few people that these are nigh on impossible to get and are quite unique.

So, does anyone have any lurking anywhere is probably the first obvious question, and failing that is there anyone that can manufacture some or renew the ones that are there?

Any help gratefully received!

Scott
    Scott & Michelle

"Are you sure that was meant to go inside before I put it all back together, because I cant remember it being taken out"

Betsy - 1976 Mustang II 302 Windsor undergoing a subtle transformation!
    Daisy - 1977 Mustang II Cobra 351 Windsor (2014 Project)

www.erudit.co.uk for national small business IT support - discounts for MOCGB members!
    www.profectus-marketing.co.uk - Online Marketing and Web Design - 20% discount for MOCGB Traders!

Just in case anyone else needs to replace the engine mounts on a II - http://www.sscenterprises.net/4image...85565e46ce1872
    Scott & Michelle

"Are you sure that was meant to go inside before I put it all back together, because I cant remember it being taken out"

Betsy - 1976 Mustang II 302 Windsor undergoing a subtle transformation!
    Daisy - 1977 Mustang II Cobra 351 Windsor (2014 Project)

www.erudit.co.uk for national small business IT support - discounts for MOCGB members!
    www.profectus-marketing.co.uk - Online Marketing and Web Design - 20% discount for MOCGB Traders!

Comment

I just thought i'd add to this thread as an alternative to ordering them from the states.

I recently had to get some new engine mounts, but I just ordered some 50 Durometer (hardness) Urethane as rectangles and bored the hole out for the centre pin, and got the bolts made up at a local machine shop.

20 for silicone, 5 for the bolts.

If I need them again I would probably go with 80 durometer as at 50 they have squashed about 2-3mm, but are otherwise perfectly fine.

Stu.

Comment

Working...
      X