Spares for 74-78 Mustangs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spares for 74-78 Mustangs

Hi guys. I'm a classic Mustang owner also thinking of a 74-78 car but wanted advice please on how easy it is to obain parts for them both in the UK and US. Thanks fellas

Welcome, pic's pictures we need pictures lol,,,
    rockauto, usautomotive ebay as some traders on there, sure others will be along to help
    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

You will find it hard to get parts for 74 to 78 as they don't do any. 64 to 73 & 79 on wards plenty of parts available. You may be lucky to find someone breaking one on ebay .
      :Burnout :gears MUSTANG-MAD:gears :Burnout

https://foxresto.com

https://mustangmaniac.co.uk/ mustang maniac

http://youtu.be/ZSYGVPKpol0

Comment

Very difficult
        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

donar vechile mybe for spares ? unless this is yours? or have 2 in the family????

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-Ford...IAAOSwUUdasQDC
          sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

It depends on what parts you need

Engine, suspension, ball joints, track rod ends, steering components, front screen are fine, body panels will rely on second hand parts as previously stated

Tony
            1978 302 Ghia
            1965 200sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saleen 192 View Post
              donar vechile mybe for spares ? unless this is yours? or have 2 in the family????

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-Ford...IAAOSwUUdasQDC
              Thanks for the replies fellas - sounds like ownership may be a problem! I have 64-68 Mustangs but thinking of adding to the collection. I've seen that gold metallic car on eBay but the price seems very steep to me. What are these cars worth, anyone know?

Comment

It may look expensive, but where are you going to find another one like it?
                It's a bit of an odd one though. It's a RHD. Wonder if it's been converted using a UK doner car. :-?

John
                sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Originally posted by suzyfan View Post
                  It may look expensive, but where are you going to find another one like it?
                  It's a bit of an odd one though. It's a RHD. Wonder if it's been converted using a UK doner car. :-?

John
                  Hi John,

There were a couple of companies converting these and other models, using a chain from one side of the car to the other encased in box section, sounds crude, but it does work

That said, I do check for wear every couple of months :)

Tony
                  1978 302 Ghia
                  1965 200sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                    Hi John,

There were a couple of companies converting these and other models, using a chain from one side of the car to the other encased in box section, sounds crude, but it does work

Tony
                    My guess is that it is a South African car - they drive on the left like us. Long history of American cars built in SA in RHD - going right back to the 1930s

Comment

Front end doesn't look right, different paint?
                      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                        Hi John,

Tony
                        Hi, Tony.
                        I know about the RHD chain drive. I owned a nearly new one, back in the day. UK Ford RS dealers sold them new. BUT, not the fastback with a V8. We only got the coupe. I was wondering if this was an owner conversion or, (as was suggested), may have been a SA or Aus car. :-?

Here's mine.

John
                        sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Hi John,

Nice car, I take it this was a late 1978 with the new, at that time, UK lighting regulations on the position of the front indicators

Other than mine, this is the only other photo I have seen with them

I didn't know the conversion was only on the coupe, do you have any idea what vehicle was used for the steering for the Australian market?

Thanks

Tony
                          1978 302 Ghia
                          1965 200sigpic

Comment

I've never actually owned a Mustang II but I do remember going to see a brand new RHD one at the Nottingham Ford dealership. Rarely saw one on the roads though.
                            1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                            2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                            2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by likaleica View Post
                              Hi guys. I'm a classic Mustang owner also thinking of a 74-78 car but wanted advice please on how easy it is to obain parts for them both in the UK and US. Thanks fellas
                              It is getting massively easier to get parts for them, I run the FB page for Mustang Ii in the UK ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/630480933648789/ ) and have a garage full of spares, loads of resources and companies in the US are making aftermarket parts. There are also a decent amount of UK similar age cars with parts that can be used if you get really stuck, fantastic cars!

If you want any help of advice drop me a message

Scott
                              Scott & Michelle

"Are you sure that was meant to go inside before I put it all back together, because I cant remember it being taken out"

Betsy - 1976 Mustang II 302 Windsor undergoing a subtle transformation!
                              Daisy - 1977 Mustang II Cobra 351 Windsor (2014 Project)

www.erudit.co.uk for national small business IT support - discounts for MOCGB members!
                              www.profectus-marketing.co.uk - Online Marketing and Web Design - 20% discount for MOCGB Traders!

Comment

Working...
                              X