Painless harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painless harness

Is there a uk supplier of this harness?also has anyone used one and have any reviews.
    I'm looking at replacing the engine loom on my 94 5.0 engined 65 coupe I'm aware il need to swap the distributor and ecu to an earlier one is there anything else I need to know?
    Thanks

Most harnesses to fit EFI to early Mustangs are based on the 89-93 models. As you know, this means swapping to a TFI distributor and AL9 computer ( assuming manual trans ). Are you using a T5? For proper operation you will need the VSS, the relevant O2 sensor harness ( don't use one from an auto car in a manual situation or damage to the EEC will result ) and transmission harness plus all the sensors from the Fox that are different to the SN95. Refer to this thread for a good understanding of what's involved. http://www.midnightdsigns.com/Mustang/Engine.htm Scroll down and click the link to Installing the EEC and Associated Wiring for details of the wiring. This guy has done a very thorough job.
    Shameless plug : I have most of the parts you need including the stock harnesses and sensors - bear in mind the stock wiring makes troubleshooting from a shop manual much easier than using generic coloured wiring from budget conversion looms.
    Regards,
    Peter

Comment

I was under the impression the only sensor issue I'd have was that the tps wiring would need altering?
      It is a manual using the t4mo ecu it's all up and running using the 94harness and was fine but has seen better days and was a little butchered in the process so now it's developed some idle issues and weird voltage problems etc so I'd like to just replace it for piece of mind and to rule it out.most of my sensors are all new but I will be needing to buy a fox distributor for it

Comment

OK, I've got a better understanding of what you've currently got. Basically you have the complete '94 system as removed from the car? In that case, if it were me, I would keep everything '94 including the superior distributor with remote TFI etc. and troubleshoot what you already have. Did you simplify/shorten/clean/re-wrap the harness before installation? You've got a good OE harness - why change to an inferior aftermarket one?

Comment

I didn't personally do the harness and it definatley wasn't done as you describe!its got cuts and joins here and there,spare wires and the wires are pretty brittle and in poor condition also some of the clips on the connectors are brittle and broke I'm just generally not happy with it and would like to rule it out for reliability issues.
          I've heard the ecu is better on the 94 but I'm planning on running a megasquirt ecu in the near future as I'm planning to modify it and know a good local tuner who will map it.

Comment

To answer your original query, I don't know where you'd get a Painless harness locally but at around 600 bux plus shipping and taxes I see why you'd want the saving! Along with the distributor change etc. it ain't gonna be cheap. NPD, Rock Auto and others sell replacement connectors and pigtails should you go for the repair and simplify option. A chip or similar intervention could also be used to retain your existing computer instead of the expensive Microsquirt option. I used a TweeCer on mine.

Comment

Working...
            X