MPG on 5.0 vert ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPG on 5.0 vert ??

hi all, might be a old thread here but mpg on a 5.0 litre vert.auto I have a peugeot 306 vert don,t laugh for my daily drive and i am lucky to get 25/27 mpg out of it .Been using the mustang on a bit of a daily run i think i may be getting very close to 25mpg .Has anyone got any figures of mpg on they mustang.Yes i drive about 35/ 45 mph then sometimes give it a blast.

I have a 5.0L 1994 Cobra Convertible, and I get anywhere from 23mpg to 29mpg.

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
    1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
    1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

On a good run, say 150 miles, just driving sensibly, I get around 26mpg in my '92 LX
      On day to day stuff, 20 mile journeys or less, I reckon about 22mpg. It would be very easy to get it below 20. The odd thing is, when I first got it (over 7 years ago), I could sometimes manage 28 - 29. The only difference between then and now is a Magnaflow stainless cat- back system.
      A GT may be a little thirstier due to the heavy plastic stuff.

My 4.6GT convertible was much better on gas. Sometimes averaging over 30 on a good run.

John
      sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

I got 30mpg once in my 97 Cobra Coupe, driving very carefully at around 60 mph on a long run, just to prove it could be done :-)

Real world for me on the 4.6 Quad Cam was 26 to 27 mpg.

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
        1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
        1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

hi all, and so what i am getting is about right, maybe i should sell the peugeot and run the mustang ?? hmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by daggersdave View Post
            hi all, and so what i am getting is about right, maybe i should sell the peugeot and run the mustang ?? hmmmmmmmmm
            Buy a Fox 2.3 vert.
            This old girl (now living in Turin), did 37mpg on a run from Norwich to Newark.

I initially bought it for my wife but I found myself jumping in it at every opportunity. The V8's hardly got a look in during the 5 years we owned the 2.3. We went everywhere in it. It was soft sprung, super comfortable and reliable. Great for long distance cruising.

John
            sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

my 95 gts regularly gets 21 or 22 mpg on my daily commute (7 miles), and on a run out i can get 33 out of it.....to put this in perspective, my previous daily, a saab 9 5 estate, averaged 21 on the commute and 28 on a run !

Comment

Originally posted by biff.bailey View Post
                my 95 gts regularly gets 21 or 22 mpg on my daily commute (7 miles), and on a run out i can get 33 out of it.....to put this in perspective, my previous daily, a saab 9 5 estate, averaged 21 on the commute and 28 on a run !
                Is it manual or auto?????
                33mpg from an old iron 5.0 is incredibly good. I've never seen anything close to that with any of my 5.0's :|

John

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Working...
                X