Removing tape deck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing tape deck...

Hi all, I want to do away with my original radio and fit a CD head unit - just checking, is the original setup bolted in somewhere? Bought pins to remove it but it won't budge when I put them in. 1990 GT by the way.
    Mustangs at the OK Diner - a meet for Northern Mustang owners
    northernponyclub.proboards.com - a Mustang forum for Northern UK drivers and enthusiasts

On my 1990 the removal tools would not release the unit. Tried for ages. Eventually had to remove the whole console which is an epic PITA on my specific car as had lots of added equipment

There has a guide clip bolted to the back of the unit. The clip rides on a channel along the top of the radio enclosure. The radio clips in on both sides with thin metal springy clips.

I found that a gentle push on the removal toolss works better than a large amount of pressure when trying out the removal with the console out of the car
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Thanks for that, will give it a go with the clips again before I take the console out. Can't wait! :)
      Mustangs at the OK Diner - a meet for Northern Mustang owners
      northernponyclub.proboards.com - a Mustang forum for Northern UK drivers and enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by D73 View Post
        Thanks for that, will give it a go with the clips again before I take the console out. Can't wait! :)
        Great vid online for the job.

Cheers. Peter
        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Working...
        X