vortec v3 sci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vortec v3 sci

Hi all in fox land, im going to make my new 89gt the dream car i always wanted... a vortec v3 blown ride. The car will be pretty stock apart from the blower, i dont need or want 300 hp plus so 5 psi boost suits what i want fine. Anyone have any experiance with this kit, heard conflicting reports on the vortec fmu. Just want reliable low boost. Any other upgrades worthwile? Any advise welcome, ta simon.

Dont do it man,go turbo instead! Lol but then I would say that wouldnt I? Several well seasoned supercharged Fox owners on here Simon/Shaun etc etc who have years of acumulated knowledge on this subject am sure they will be along to steer you in the right direction soon,how about some pics of the thing so far? Regards Chris

Comment

Oh i dont dislike turbocharging Chris, i have spent the last two years tuning and modifying an Audi S2 quattro, and really enjoying it. A blown 5.0 is an itch i have to scratch if you know what i mean lol!. Could you pm me your phone number please mate, i need to pick your brains a bit, ta.

Comment

Hi
        Im running a vortec v1 on my 5.0 with a few other mods and love it apart from people telling me my water pumps gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0eQmdUNHSk
        The first car lol
        Last edited by tubbs; 31-08-2015, 09:25 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Seriously nice Fox is that Tubbs,some more pics please! Good to see a vert in great shape,there aint many of us around lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chris taylor View Post
            Seriously nice Fox is that Tubbs,some more pics please! Good to see a vert in great shape,there aint many of us around lol.
            Thank you,
            Not all my work i just finished it ( nearly )
            The old girl spent alot of its life locked away in a garage and from outside car looks stock. ( sleeper )
            Under the skin the thing has been built for the strip by a US service man and a guy from uk who passed away and the service man went back to US.
            Has alot of motor work,trans,axle etc, roll cage and very little inside apart from pro stock seats that hurt and more gauges than a 747, even a drag race parachute. paper work with all work and spec most done in the USA.........air shipping is cheap if your in USAF lol.
            I had to rescue it before a chap came and ripped the running gear out of it and scraped the rest !!!!!!
            Will run it at pod to see what it will do but its sits next to my sn95 and thunderbird and seems very happy now.
            will try to post pics but telling me files to big......

Comment

Is that the one that was for sale at thats classic in Bournmouth? fancied that one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by redrs2 View Post
                Is that the one that was for sale at thats classic in Bournmouth? fancied that one myself.
                Yes it is
                It had lots of people come see it over the year it was for sale drive it and walk away as it is not to friendly to drive.
                It is what it is and i love the thing, but not a daily driver !!!!
                I have tried to finish it as it would have been well i hope i have......
                We change the set up for road and its ok ish but still gives alot of cars a shock if they want to play.
                Mates call it "the hairdressers hitman" :D
                Last edited by tubbs; 02-09-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

That sound. Its like a mermaids call.
                  Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                  We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Originally posted by tubbs View Post
                    Yes it is
                    It had lots of people come see it over the year it was for sale drive it and walk away as it is not to friendly to drive.
                    It is what it is and i love the thing, but not a daily driver !!!!
                    I have tried to finish it as it would have been well i hope i have......
                    We change the set up for road and its ok ish but still gives alot of cars a shock if they want to play.
                    Mates call it "the hairdressers hitman" :D
                    So glad its gone to a home that appreciates it for what it is, really happy it didnt end up raped and broken.

Comment

Originally posted by redrs2 View Post
                      So glad its gone to a home that appreciates it for what it is, really happy it didnt end up raped and broken.
                      Oh it has and will try to save more cars that people seem to not want atm.
                      same thing happened years ago now there 25.000 plus, i remember swaping a c4 box and set of headers and some other bits n bobs for a 67 mustang in the 80s .......kinda get the same feeling now.......maybe im wrong
                      Same thing with my 97 Thunderbird 4.6 unloved and covered in bird cr@p etc, bit of tlc and now its my daily driver, bit heavy on fuel but hay ho.
                      Maybe my granson will enjoy them...

Comment

Working...
                      X