Tremec/t5 bellhousing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tremec/t5 bellhousing

Does anyone know if its possible to redrill a stock fox t5 bellhousing to tremec tr3550 /tko bolt pattern?. All other dimensions are the same including bearing retainer face diameter, but cant find any info on whether this is possible. Thanks in advance, simon.

I cant answer your question mate, but i can tell you when i fitted my TKO, tremec gave me the wrong part number for the bellhousing and i had to have a spacer plate machined :(

Comment

What trans did you use,? was it sn95 spec as they have a longer input shaft than a fox and use a longer bellhousing, to bring the shifter back a little further.

Comment

The longer sn95 input shaft can be changed for the shorter fox length input shaft to suit the corresponding shorter bellhousing. This is what I'm using on my T5.

Alan

There is a 3550 bellhousing here:http://www.roadcraftuk.co.uk/index.p...product_id=546
        Last edited by blacktop; 28-12-2015, 02:45 PM.
        1980 Notch + 1990 GT hatch

Comment

Thanks for the roadcraft link Alan, it shows a good clear shot of the bolt spacing on a tremec bellhousing. I think i might run into problems with the bottom right bolt hole tho, as the t5 bellhousing drilling appears to be just to the left of that. Will offer the tremec and t5 bellhousing up when i have all the parts in front of me. Just trying to save myself 300 quid by not having to buy another bellhousing, but if i have to i will.

Comment

Originally posted by redrs2 View Post
            Thanks for the roadcraft link Alan, it shows a good clear shot of the bolt spacing on a tremec bellhousing. I think i might run into problems with the bottom right bolt hole tho, as the t5 bellhousing drilling appears to be just to the left of that. Will offer the tremec and t5 bellhousing up when i have all the parts in front of me. Just trying to save myself 300 quid by not having to buy another bellhousing, but if i have to i will.
            You could always sell your T5 bellhousing to claw back a bit of cash to put towards a 3550 bellhousing?
            1980 Notch + 1990 GT hatch

Comment

Originally posted by blacktop View Post
              You could always sell your T5 bellhousing to claw back a bit of cash to put towards a 3550 bellhousing?
              Yeah good point, i might have a 10 spline 10.5 inch clutch that i am not going to use as well. Lol,

Comment

3550 bell

We changed to a race spec' steel bell last year so have an ali' 3550 bell available.
                Billy

Comment

Thanks for the offer Billy, i bought one new from real steel last week, just my luck!.

Comment

3550 bell

Bu**er
                    Should have got up off my sorry ass and posted sooner.
                    Billy

Comment

Working...
                    X