Remove dashboard to replace heater Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove dashboard to replace heater Core

Has anyone ever taken out the dashboard of Their mustang sn95 mine is a GT sn95 automatic. Iam going to attempting to do this at the end of this week any suggestion would help looked at the you tube videos looks like a big job.

Today we started work to take out the dashboard we still along way to go hope to have it all done by Saturday with any luck.

Comment

I hate taking dashboards out, endless wires and hidden fixings. Good luck.

Comment

pictures would be good, good luck not a nice job
        sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

I’ve done this twice I found removal / replacement of the centre consul the worst bit. Just take photos on your phone as it’s a time consuming job but not hard.
          The best advice I can give you is fit a genuine ford core and the inline flow reducer I didn’t the first time hence having to do the job twice.

Comment

Yes it's a nightmare but we finally got the heater core out and replaced it with a new one yesterday, now the fun part putting it all back. How fun,not. We are ordering a new aircon package because we had to distroy the old one which didn't work for a few years which is good. Also replaced the mileage cogs on the speedo today. So hopefully will get the mustang back with everything working.

Comment

Well everything is going to plan and I hope to have the Mustang back at the weekend it took longer than I thought so if anyone wants to do this job Don't unless you really have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth302 View Post
                Well everything is going to plan and I hope to have the Mustang back at the weekend it took longer than I thought so if anyone wants to do this job Don't unless you really have to.
                Seems like sensible advice!
                On the upside you have learned something new and you car will now be working properly.

Comment

It seems like two decades makes no difference in this respect. I have an S550, but it also has a heater problem. The three round air vents on the dash, the left one hot, middle one luke warm at best, and the right one cold to freezing ( and it’s this one that hits your hand on the wheel ) . I was told by Ford that to rectify this the whole dashboard would need to be removed, at a cost of about 1000. It was an immediate no thanks from me. Now in the winter I simply close the middle and right hand vent, wear some gloves, and wait for summer to arrive. Big respect to anyone who can remove and refit a dashboard !

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Defender dash.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1253923
                    This was the Defender dash I swapped over, wiring was a bit messy!

Comment

What a nightmare it must be.

Comment

Working...
                      X