COYOTE "TYPEWRITER TICK"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COYOTE "TYPEWRITER TICK"

Hi all, anyone know anything about the " TYPEWRITER TICK " issue with the engine in the (Coyote) 5.0 GT "? Can't get an answer from Ford,or any dealership ?
    it appears to be a problem with 2018 models ! Have any of you got this issue ?
    Thanks Adam

This is an issue with the coyote engine reported for a number of years way before the MY18 revision even before the S550 came out. I also posted this on your other thread:

You will always find more people complaining on the internet than praising as there's obviously not much point in posting anything if there's nothing wrong. This tends to skew perception. Compared with the literally tens of thousands of coyote's out there the number of problems reported are absolutely tiny.

Don't let these few people put you off buying what is a terrific car...
    Daily drive MY17 GT
    On order MY19 Bullitt

Comment

Ford have recently declared it an "Operating characteristic" of the Coyote and propose no action, but If I had a newish car with the tick I'd get it checked and noted by a Ford dealer.

I've got a 2014 Coyote engined car with no tick, yet, but as above it's been around a long time.

If you're driving it slow enough to hear the tick you probably shouldn't be driving it

Link to the Ford statement;

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...ristic.116925/
      Last edited by mad4v8; 17-03-2019, 10:41 AM.
      Stuart
      2014 GT/CS

Comment

Working...
      X