Parking on a slope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking on a slope

Appologies if this is the wrong section. I have recently lost my garage and therefore am moving my 66 to my driveway which is on a slope. The question is does it matter which way i park it? Nose up or down? My thinking is nose down so the fuel pump doesnt have to pump fuel uphill?

The oil pick up in the sump is towards the front of the engine so I'd say park nose down as well if you have a serious incline and you are going to be parking without running the engine for days at a time.
    Last edited by rider; 27-08-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

More importantly, If it is an auto you are fine, If its a manual, make sure you leave it in first. The parking brake on these cars even if in fine fettle, are absolute crap. Cheers. Peter
      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Maybe point your steering left or right, so if it does roll it hits the fence or wall and stays on the drive and doesn't roll into the road.
        That assumes your drive is straight , if curved adjust statement accordingly
        Stuart
        2014 GT/CS

Comment

Or get a pair of decent chocks?
          . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

Comment

And a cover for the scuttle.
            '65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Comment

Originally posted by SurreyXedos View Post
              And a cover for the scuttle.
              https://mustangmaniac.co.uk/part/97/...-68_cowl_cover

Just a link as an example....[The little plastic pin covers fall off]

Comment

Cheers, Its a manual so will leave in gear, got some chocks somewhere which will be used, if it rolls its gonna hit the house. it will be under a cover once it dries out enough to put it on, that being said have been looking at scuttle covers for a while

Comment

You could always rawl bolt down a length of 3 x 3 to act as a "stop block" so that you could never roll into the house. I have heard of people doing this in garages where they want to get the car as far in as possible with ease - just edge it up to the block and you know you will never inadvertently hit the car on the wall. It would save on messing about with chocks and save the stress of using the clutch correctly. If you were alternating between reversing in and driving in, then you would have to set the block to cater for the difference in room needed. The block would be a trip hazard though when the car was out.

Comment

Working...
                  X