X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anaconda
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel_Cronin View Post
    Just had it tested and the pump is not working even as there is Electric to it.disconected the car power and connected external power still will not work FORD will not honour the warranty as it is two weeks out of date i.e. 1-year and 2 weeks since the pump was fitted this was done before i purchased the car, even though the car has only done 1500 miles since it was replaced PS thanks for the INFO.
    That's pretty poor but no surprise with regards to warranty. Lets hope the new one lasts longer!

Leave a comment:

• Daniel_Cronin
    replied
    They are adamant its only 12 months as its an Electrical part so wear and tear is not applicable. Have ordered a pump and have arranged for GT101 in colchester to fit and re gass it. The car has less than 5000 miles on it so lets hope the third pump lasts a bit longer LOL. again thank you for you concern.

Leave a comment:

• Musti
    replied
    Might be worth calling ford customer service, I think they’re good but I know some people struggle with them.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel_Cronin
    replied
    Just had it tested and the pump is not working even as there is Electric to it.disconected the car power and connected external power still will not work FORD will not honour the warranty as it is two weeks out of date i.e. 1-year and 2 weeks since the pump was fitted this was done before i purchased the car, even though the car has only done 1500 miles since it was replaced PS thanks for the INFO.

Leave a comment:

• Musti
    replied
    NMH on here, in Codsall so not too far from you. Is the car still under warranty, if so obv just go back to the dealer.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel_Cronin
    replied
    Ok thanks i will take it to an auto Electrician as i am not knowledgeable enough in the electrical department to resolve or find and the components to test PS with regards to why the pump was fitted and regassed it was prior to me purchasing the vehicle having contact to the garage that fitted these components they told me that even after fitting the items they couldn't get the system to work unfortunately I was not made aware of this due to purchasing the vehicle it was only when I switch the AC on the problem became apparent obviously now I will do everything in my power to resolve the problem to a technical expert in this department i.e. and auto electrician if anybody out there knows of one who is is knowledgeable of Mustang electrics I would appreciate a contact detail

Leave a comment:

• Musti
    replied
    Seems to have been loads of problem
    S550 threads recently. Interested in how many here are affected with the oil problem that damages the engine.

Leave a comment:

• ALLAN R
    replied
    Most AC systems have a low gas pressure warning sensor that switches off the AC pump to prevent it being damaged running without gas. I suspect your sensor might be faulty. To test the AC clutch (with the engine off) pull the plug for it and you then just need to take a lead from the positive of the battery and touch it to the AC pump side of the connector. You should hear the clutch click.

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    Why did they change the pump? If the old one didn't work and the new one doesn't work then I would guess the problem is elsewhere, you might be able to bypass the pressure valves to see if the pump kicks in or not, might even be a problem with your dash controls. Did they plug in a code reader to see if any codes had been logged?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel_Cronin
    started a topic ACproblem S550 GT

ACproblem S550 GT

AC not working new pump and re gassed the center of the pump pulley is not engaging does any one know the answer as to why this is as i am given to believe there is a clutch mechanism involved that allows the center to part of the pulley to Electrical magnetically make it a solid component
Working...
X