lowering springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering springs

hi all, i am thinking of lowering my 94 GT, would anyone know if i could fit jamex 60mm Mondeo saloon springs?????

thanks in advance
    paul
    check out my stang!!!

The V8 5.0 engine is a lot heavier than any Mondeo engine so even if the springs did physically fit I would not recommend it. I have used Steeda and Eibach springs in the past on my previous '89 which has the same set up as yours and these have worked well. These correct springs for the car are not too expensive if you buy direct from people like Summit - about $200 which with the present exchange rate is about 115. With duty and shipping you are still getting a good deal. Its best not to cut corners with suspension or brakes:Burnout
    2001 - Go not show!
    5.4 - 32v Cobra power...
    Hellion Twin 61mm Turbo's

Comment

thanx, im after a set of Eibach or similar, its just the cost of getting stuff shipped over...........me been a tite-arse lol:-D
      check out my stang!!!

Comment

Have you tried BAX Global for shipping costs?

Give Paul (another one!) a call on 01752 696244. He has been extemely helpful - and excellent rates.
        Paul
        '66 GT350 Clone
        .......with Paxton

Comment

Point taken on the shipping. I deal a lot with Gene Evans Ford in Georgia and have shipped loads over in the past few months while building the new car. Still more to come so you can always add some bits to my next delivery. As I said in my pm to you I am local. Have the latest Ford Racing catalogues if you wanted to meet up and check out the parts. Let me know
          2001 - Go not show!
          5.4 - 32v Cobra power...

Comment

I lowered my 97 Cobra and wished I had n't. More noise form the supsension set up, and it makes the cats that much closer to the ground.

On some country lanes, the compression would smack the cats, and some speed bumps were a no go area. I'm not the only one that experienced this.

Lower your car at your own risk.

Mark

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
            1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
            1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Fair comment but as long as you don't go too low I think any 95-up looks better just a little lower. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't the Bullitts lowered? If you modify any car you have to sacrifice some comfort quality by I think it is worth it.
              By the way, cats? !!!!
              2001 - Go not show!
              5.4 - 32v Cobra power...

Comment

Not sure about the Bullitt's. I agree that the SN95 looks better lowered, but if you are going to do it, do the shocks as well.

The 95R is very low, but with the correct shocks, it has so far never bottomed out on me.

As for the Cat's ??, with a 32V engine you should have at least 4.

Mark

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
                1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
                1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

'As for the Cat's ??, with a 32V engine you should have at least 4.'

Long tube headers, no room. Emmissions ok and runs fine but car no way near standard. Building car to US specs for road/drag use.

:Burnout

Chris
                  2001 - Go not show!
                  5.4 - 32v Cobra power...

Comment

MOOOOOOSSSE!
                    No cats... now its not original, tut, tut.
                    1970 Mach1
                    Cleveland powered bacon finder.

Comment

Go, not show, dude:Burnout
                      2001 - Go not show!
                      5.4 - 32v Cobra power...

Comment

:Burnout :Cowboy
                        1970 Mach1
                        Cleveland powered bacon finder.

Comment