This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement >>>Trader Section - Important Information<<<

The Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain is pleased to announce a Trade Section for those online members who offer business services to other Mustang Club members.

We are fortunate to have commercial sponsorship from the following companies :

A-Plan Insurance
    Golden Chariots

If you are a trader, feel free to post in this section , detailing your business services and how to contact you. We would like these services to be Mustang related. So Importation , Sales , Servicing etc are the sorts of posts we would expect to see.

The aim of the Trader section is not to stop anyone posting in the regular sections, but we don't wish to see any spamming in the main forums that could be seen as advertising.

In order to qualify for this section is :

1) Have a commercial Sponsorship arrangement with the club or
    2) A paid up official Full Club Member or
    3) Setup a Trader Annual Subscription at £25 per annum

If the PayPal icon above does not work, please use the following link http://www.mocgb.net/trader.html

If you would like to be recognised as a Trader, please contact the Webmaster, and he will validate that you meet the 3 criteria above, and adjust your online account to reflect that you are a Trader. This will mean the modification of your User Status.

Feel free to contact any of the moderating team, if you have any further questions.

regards

Mark Hayden, Webmaster
    &
    MOCGB Moderating team

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
    1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
    1995 - Cobra R 61/250

As we develop this idea further, it makes sense that every Trader if they wish can have 1 sticky message, highlighting their main services and contact details. This will allow their post to remain at the top, on the first page, rather than slide down over time.

Mark

1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Mark,
      Please advise the cost of an annual advert banner similar to Bill Shepherd & A Plan Insurance. I am in the process of updating my website and would like to promote the unique service that I offer in the future.
      Regards
      Roger
      Roger

Comment

Hi there,
        We only offer 2 Companies the opportunity to advertise with a Banner, so if one of these partners decides not to renew, we will make the Mustang Community aware, so they can have the chance to bid for it. There is a long waiting list, so I expect it will have to be resolved by a sealed bid process.
        Regards
        Mark

1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Why only two? Out of interest (feel free to delete if you feel this may fill the thread with open long discussions lol).
          Gone but not forgotten: Redfire GT
          Now: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
          PhotoSphere Pics
          ModUrSTANG
          YouTube Channel
          spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text

Comment

Originally posted by doublerkid View Post
            Mark,
            Please advise the cost of an annual advert banner similar to Bill Shepherd & A Plan Insurance. I am in the process of updating my website and would like to promote the unique service that I offer in the future.
            Regards
            Roger
            HA!!!

You'll be lucky =;
            www.stsimports.co.uk
            www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk

Comment

The agreement we have with both current supporters is that the agreement remains in place for as long as they wish to support the club. So when each slot comes up, I will reach out to the traders who have expressed an interest in advertising.

Regards

Mark

1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Please note the following update in respect to usage of the Trader section and Traders in general:

Trader Signatures

Traders may include advertising of their business within their signature as long as the following rules are observed:

•Company Logo no higher than 200 pixels
                •Up to 4 lines of text (6 if signature does not include logo)

The Moderation team reserve the right to alter signatures of Traders not observing these guidelines.

Posting in Trader Forum

Whilst no limit is placed on the number of posts a Trader may post within the Traders section, Traders are kindly requested to respect other Traders and not flood the Trader section with multiple threads.

A single thread or sticky thread updated rather than a new thread for each new product, service or vehicle is recommended

Again the Moderation team reserve the right to remove threads from Traders not observing these guidelines.

** EDIT - Updated Signature guidelines following feedback and wider forum signature rules **

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
                http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

FYI

I have asked Mike to delete all of my posts in this section and I want to say I am sorry if I have been a bit of a post whore.

I will keep trade comments to the one thread I will ask to be a sticky at the top.

Again, sorry if I was a bother to any other traders or forum users.

Being a lifelong dream job I probably got a bit excited. Peter
                  Last edited by pmustang; 12-02-2016, 09:33 PM.
                  Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                  We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Hang him in public........😀

Personally I'm not bothered Peter, good luck with the business.

Mike, let me know if you want me to change anything, I'm a numpty when it comes to pixel sizes etc, so feel free to advise.

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
                    01992 890969..............07590 431511
                    www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
                    https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
                      FYI

I have asked Mike to delete all of my posts in this section and I want to say I am sorry if I have been a bit of a post whore.

I will keep trade comments to the one thread I will ask be a sticky at the top.

Again, sorry if I was a bother to any other traders or forum users.

Being a lifelong dream job I probably got a bit excited. Peter
                      No way, I cannot see that, you being a vision of calmness and serenity :)
                      sigpic
                      You can never have enough black under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by phil k View Post
                        Hang him in public........

Personally I'm not bothered Peter, good luck with the business.

Mike, let me know if you want me to change anything, I'm a numpty when it comes to pixel sizes etc, so feel free to advise.

Phil
                        Nope yours is fine, have amended the guidelines on signatures based on feedback and also based on what we may implement globally for all signatures.

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
                        http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

What occurs to me is that if you are a trader and have a new product what is the point of hiding it in the sticky ad. if you don't make a separate announcement how will any one notice it? Once a person has clicked on the sticky they will not keep clicking on it to see if it has changed, the new product needs a new title.
                          Last edited by GT Images; 13-02-2016, 11:05 AM.
                          https://GillBillingtonArt.com
                          For great gifts and wall art prints on paper, canvas and metal.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Images View Post
                            Another point that occurs to me is that if you are a trader and have a new product what is the point of hiding it in the sticky ad. if you don't make a separate announcement how will any one notice it? Once a person has clicked on the sticky they will not keep clicking on it to see if it has changed, the new product needs a new title.
                            I'm inclined to agree. Choosing an all purpose title at the start (which can't be edited thereafter) is tough, and the forum isn't currently being overwhelmed with that sort of advertising compared to the total posting rate.
                            I think a 'fair use' clause would probably be sufficient.

I'm a consumer not a trader BTW, so no axe to grind :)

Comment

Would a new addition to a trader thread not show up under new posts?
                              Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                              We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Working...
                              X