Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky:Classic American Car Sales based in Braintree Essex: Mustangs a specialty

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like it was a fair exchange on the day. They got to hear your American view of these icons - and see the car of course - in return for their experiences.
    Have you considered ( and I know you're a busy man) writing an article for "Roundup" outlining your ( & Ron's) business, your transition across the pond and offering tips on mustang purchase? I know you are happy for any and all to visit your premises, so this would be a larger audience for the same? Pretty sure I'm not the only person who would be interested.
    . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

Comment

Thanks Mick, I am always up for an article and Steve has asked me to send him anything that may be of interest. I know he has edited the most recent article I submitted and I think everyone will enjoy it.

The show at Brands has already garnered a sale, a 1967 Convertible, Ex concourse car we had for sale. Fellow club members recommended us to the customers who were at the show which was fantastic and they came to the shop on Monday and bought this beauty.

Attached Files
      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Brands Hatch Speedfest report:

On Friday our haulage guy came to the shop to collect a car to take to the show. We selected our 1968 Red Shelby GT500 Replica. 427 Stroked 351 and a five speed power this beast. This car was selected to be on the plinth at the entrance to the 55 years of Mustangs display arranged by the MOCGB.

Also on Friday a customer came at 9am who had called the day before and came to see some 1967-68 Fastbacks. He decided on our 1968 restored Highland Green V8 Fastback, A car we were to display at the show along with the Shelby replica :-)

So some quick decisions were made and our 1967 Black V8 4 speed fastback was chosen as a back up. I would have liked to take our 1968 Aqua fastback but it hadn't been MOT'd yet

So I woke at 4:30 on Saturday to prepare for the weekend. Cooler packed, Water purchased, Signs, tape, clothes, toothbrush :-), tools, suntan cream (which was massively needed) hat and other bits and pieces were packed in the car and away I went. Along the way I saw David Frost in his coupe and we drove together for a while and then I headed off.....and went the wrong way!!! I can't explain it, I knew which way to go but still went to sat nav route....and it was horrible. Thankfully I headed off silly early as I only just arrived at Brands Hatch a few minutes before the show opened for display vehicles.

My haulier arrived shortly thereafter and thankfully handled putting the Red 1968 on the plinth as I would have been a basket case driving it up the ramps

I cleaned both cars, set out my signs and business cards and started talking...and talking....and talking. 2 days 600-700 business card, Hundreds of conversations....it didn't stop. I maybe was away from the cars for 90 minutes in total over 2 days but it was awesome. Blazing sun and so many folks coming round to see the cars, ask about the cars and tell me their personal connections with the cars. I was very happy to see that many younger people and women had just as strong of an attraction/connection with Mustangs as the typical 35-60 year old male we generally expect to have an interest. Some folks certainly gave me a run for my money on knowledge of these cars. I can certainly say that the interest and desire in these cars is massive in the UK and beyond. I met many visitors from Germany, Sweden, Poland and others

The show, from the bit I saw of it was very well attended with Mustangs, I dare say, the best represented. Many modern and classic stangs were everywhere at the show.

Got back about 9pm on Sunday, met with my haulier who brought the car back to the show and packed the cars away for Monday mornings sort out of stuff from the show.

Monday AM met with customers introduced to me at the show by Club member and they bought a 1967 Mustang convertible.

Cheers. Peter
        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Working...
        X