Plasti Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasti Dip

We are going to be offering plasti dip services soon due to the amount of emails we get asking we of we this.

Prices will start from £300 for a full car:

FAQ:
    How long does Plasti Dip® last?
    If properly applied, Plasti Dip® could last as long as 3+ years without having to be retouched. It is very durable and will not lose it's bond. The spray distance when applying as well as the amount of coats applied will heavily determine the longevity of the product. After 3 years, or during the three years if desired, a new refresher coat can be easily applied.

Does it really peel off?

Yes, Plasti Dip® really does peel off. We always suggest a minimum of 4-5 coats, not only for durability, but to make sure it peels off in large pieces when you are ready.

Will it hold up to the elements (sun, winter)?
    Plasti Dip® is extremely resistant to the elements, including sun exposure, winter ice, cold, salt etc. A lot of customers actually dip their wheels and cars specifically to protect the original surfaces from the winter season. Please keep in mind however that Fluorescent and Blaze products are subject to fading after prolonged UV exposure. This only happens with these two items due to the fluorescent pigments utilized. We highly recommend Dip Coat™ Protective Spray to reduce the chance or marring and to increase UV protection.

And here is what you can do with plasti dip, these are not my pictures but just show what can be done, this is a very small selection of what can be done:

Car Detailing, Maidstone
    www.mirrorshinedetailing.co.uk

£300 to plastdip the whole car?

Damn... I might go white afterall :D

Gone but not forgotten: Redfire GT
    Now: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
    PhotoSphere Pics
    ModUrSTANG
    YouTube Channel
    spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text - spacing text

Comment

Guessing the panels have to be flawless as a base to work on?

Really think I need to come down and see you soon!!!

Comment

Will keep an eye on this as thinking of plasti dipping my gt rather than a conventional spray job.

Alan
        1980 Notch + 1990 GT hatch

Comment

Originally posted by JamesL View Post
          Guessing the panels have to be flawless as a base to work on?

Really think I need to come down and see you soon!!!
          When you say flawless do you mean no swirls and light scratches etc? If so, then no this can be applied straight over.

Originally posted by blacktop View Post
          Will keep an eye on this as thinking of plasti dipping my gt rather than a conventional spray job.

Alan
          Its a great product, I will be doing Laura's car sometime in August. So people can see it in the flesh.

Car Detailing, Maidstone

Comment

Originally posted by mustang91 View Post
            When you say flawless do you mean no swirls and light scratches etc? If so, then no this can be applied straight over.
            No I'm talking dints, dents, scratches or anything that might need a "minor" body repair.

Comment

No I'm talking dints, dents, scratches or anything that might need a "minor" body repair.

Minor wont be a issue such as light marks etc, dents and that we can all deal with.

Car Detailing, Maidstone

Comment

Is it possible that some wee Naff can just peel a bit off when your car is parked up ?@-)

2009 V8 GT/CS

Comment

Originally posted by zootshebygirl9 View Post
                  Is it possible that some wee Naff can just peel a bit off when your car is parked up ?@-)
                  Unfortunalty, but ive never heard of any stories such as these.

The same can be said for paint and wraps, you couod spend £15k on a show winning paint job only for a yob to mark it at a show etc.

Fortunatly plasti dip is easy to repair should a yob damage it. At least with dip they arnt damaging your paint :-)

Car Detailing, Maidstone

Comment

May I ask how long it takes, what prep work is involved, is that the outside of the car only and what warranty do you give on the work?
                    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                      May I ask how long it takes, what prep work is involved, is that the outside of the car only and what warranty do you give on the work?
                      Cheers.

Time it takes to take is around 2-3 days, depending on whats wanted.

The prep- involes a deep clean removing tar etc and a good claying. Then we use IPA or panel wipe to get rid of any last waxes etc.

We can also do door shuts etc, alot of people only have the outside done.

We can offer a warranty this is spoken about when booking.

Car Detailing, Maidstone

Comment

Is the finish on the dip only a "Matt" finish or are there others available ?

Thanks.

2009 V8 GT/CS

Comment

Thanks.
                          Nope can be 'glossifiied' post application prior to full drying with a 2nd coat of, in effect, lacquer.

http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?73420

Richard
                          S197 Boss 302 bump steer kit for sale www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?72886
                          S197 rear brake componants for sale www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?73307
                          S197 dash cluster repair / upgrade www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?68512
                          SN95 dash cluster repair / upgrade www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?67883

Comment

Will be down to see you soon then!

Comment

Thanks.
                              Originally posted by turbo_terrific View Post
                              Nope can be 'glossifiied' post application prior to full drying with a 2nd coat of, in effect, lacquer.

http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?73420

Richard
                              You lay down a base such as black or white, this has a massive effect on the final product.
                              You then can go matt or gloss or if you mix both you get a really nice non gloss, kinda non matt. That is what we will be doing on Lauras car.

When it comes to the flip paint etc, this is all added in the fianl top coat.

Will be down to see you soon then!
                              sweet, drop me a PM so we can arrange a day etc.

Car Detailing, Maidstone

Comment

Working...
                              X