Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for rockauto

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    question for rockauto

    METRO SB81 Bumper Info
    Fuel Door; 7/8" High, 5/16" O.D
    Part is designed for US, CA Market vehicles


    0.91 0.91
    Subtotal 0.91
    Country
    Zip/Postal Code
    Shipping
    from United States (You should receive by Monday, July 31)
    Total 23.95


    so when are you going to use common sence and jsut put in a small jiffy bag and post if ebay sellers can do it . why cant you 24quid to ship a small item that weights next to nothing.

    is daylight robbery.



    Engine : Oil Filter

    FRAM PH30 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Extra Guard; Includes Gasket (Rebate/Promotion Available!) Sale! Info
    Spin-on Oil Filter
    Part is designed for US, CA Market vehicles

    Previous Image

    Next Image
    2.96 2.96
    Subtotal 2.96
    Country
    Zip/Postal Code
    Shipping
    from United States (You should receive by Tuesday, August 8)
    Total 9.02

    and to make things even more crazy to buy and ship a oil filter all in 9quid bigger heavier item to ship
    Last edited by saleen 192; 24-07-2017, 07:08 AM.
    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

    #2
    Originally posted by saleen 192 View Post
    METRO SB81 Bumper Info
    Fuel Door; 7/8" High, 5/16" O.D
    Part is designed for US, CA Market vehicles


    0.91 0.91
    Subtotal 0.91
    Country
    Zip/Postal Code
    Shipping
    from United States (You should receive by Monday, July 31)
    Total 23.95


    so when are you going to use common sence and jsut put in a small jiffy bag and post if ebay sellers can do it . why cant you 24quid to ship a small item that weights next to nothing.

    is daylight robbery.



    Engine : Oil Filter

    FRAM PH30 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Extra Guard; Includes Gasket (Rebate/Promotion Available!) Sale! Info
    Spin-on Oil Filter
    Part is designed for US, CA Market vehicles

    Previous Image

    Next Image
    2.96 2.96
    Subtotal 2.96
    Country
    Zip/Postal Code
    Shipping
    from United States (You should receive by Tuesday, August 8)
    Total 9.02

    and to make things even more crazy to buy and ship a oil filter all in 9quid bigger heavier item to ship
    I don't like ordering from there cause of this..

    Comment


      #3
      How about this quote for shipping,I can actually get a hood sent over by any of the main US Mustang parts suppliers almost cheaper than this!!



      Last edited by stevec2004; 25-07-2017, 09:18 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        I was just about to order a new mirror for the Silverado from them but ebay USA had good second hand ones on their international shipping program at $17 for shipping!

        Don't see how they can have such a large difference between that and RA's $65 plus taxes at this end.....
        Instagram link - https://www.instagram.com/chevelle_hell/

        Facebook shop - https://m.facebook.com/D.R.E.Ltd/

        Comment


          #5
          I do agree about the shipping via Ebay,I know it can be very frustrating when you look at the tracking and see your part has made it from the US in a couple of days but hasn't left the hub in the UK after about 5 days but it's great that some US suppliers on Ebay now take shipping and VAT at source.I bought a complete exhaust for one of mine which only cost 70 for shipping over here and the same with a couple of wheels.I do like RockAuto for certain things and the delivery speed can be better than ordering a part from the UK a lot of the time but the shipping costs for some stuff is just unbelievable,if they got there shipping costs right I'm sure they would be on to a real winner.

          Comment


            #6
            There are a couple of courier / international shipping comparison sites popping up these days, might be worth considering.

            I've already been using parcel2go in the UK and has worked well for me, it doesn't save me loads of money but preserve my sanity. Instead of paying 8-12 delivery on a small part which costs much the same I've been paying 3, they pick up next day and drop it off for that price...the last time it was 3 days in total.

            Don't know how they can do it for that amount of money but surely someone is getting shafted.
            1969 302 Fastback

            Comment


              #7
              You need to stop thinking of RockAuto as a shop - it's just a front-page / marketplace for numerous vendors across the States.

              I break a couple of cars for pocket money and I simply don't bother listing the small stuff - the hassle factor of boxing up a 5 part, printing paperwork, paying fees, packing time and costs, taking a lunch break trip to the Post Office, etc just isn't worth the money, and I don't have overheads.

              My point being, imagine the profit margin for these guys on small / low value orders, especially on international orders, and I'm not surprised some of them hike their calculations to discourage this / encourage larger orders. I bet if you kept adding to your cart the shipping cost would not increase until it tried a weight / size calc in the no doubt horrendously complicated logarithm.

              You can make RockAuto pay for itself almost every time, but you've got to play the game.
              1966 Mustang Hardtop - Trans-Am tribute in the making..
              1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
              1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
              1974 Ford Econoline E100

              Comment


                #8
                I just received an order from RockAuto, $25 parts and $14 shipping 6 VAT for two rear handbrake cables, I was happy with the costs.

                Ordered Thursday arrived Wednesday.
                Gazza

                "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

                Comment


                  #9
                  That's the thing. For some stuff they're great but it's unpredictable


                  9 was the total for my new C6 mount plus postage. No tax but try ordering something less obscure and it could be over 40 postage on an item that doesn't even cost half that!
                  Instagram link - https://www.instagram.com/chevelle_hell/

                  Facebook shop - https://m.facebook.com/D.R.E.Ltd/

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Mike Lacey has had the best one from here I think.

                    Went to order a rear bumper for around 82.

                    then when it came to shipping, the price went over 1100!!!

                    Ay you can guess, the transaction didn't go ahead >:D<

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I've sent email to rockauto requesting some response to this thread.
                      1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                      2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                      2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013


                      MOCGB #332 since 1994

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by GeoffW View Post
                        I've sent email to rockauto requesting some response to this thread.
                        Geoff, let's be honest - they won't give a crap, or will reply with a generic response and who can blame them..!

                        This is an immaterial amount of business for them - I'm not sure how many forums 'Jessica' posts upon, but I doubt she exists - it's just mass marketing at the end of the day.

                        Buy a single oil filter from Real Steel. Buy uprated shocks from Summit. Heck, dig deep and buy an idler arm from Mustang Maniac, but I bet you can't buy service parts en masse for cheaper than RA.
                        1966 Mustang Hardtop - Trans-Am tribute in the making..
                        1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
                        1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
                        1974 Ford Econoline E100

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by 66coop View Post
                          Geoff, let's be honest - they won't give a crap, or will reply with a generic response and who can blame them..!

                          This is an immaterial amount of business for them - I'm not sure how many forums 'Jessica' posts upon, but I doubt she exists - it's just mass marketing at the end of the day.

                          Buy a single oil filter from Real Steel. Buy uprated shocks from Summit. Heck, dig deep and buy an idler arm from Mustang Maniac, but I bet you can't buy service parts en masse for cheaper than RA.
                          I'd beg to differ on that last part! For us anyway....


                          NGK spark plugs and Mahle filters are cheap in the UK. I think I pay about 2 a pug and 4 for a filter and that's premium stuff. No shipping, waiting or taxes
                          Instagram link - https://www.instagram.com/chevelle_hell/

                          Facebook shop - https://m.facebook.com/D.R.E.Ltd/

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by 66coop View Post
                            Geoff, let's be honest - they won't give a crap, or will reply with a generic response and who can blame them..!
                            Probably, but they must have substantial international trade in Europe, Oz etc., the same issue affecting all. There must be others raising the same problems elsewhere so worth a prod.
                            1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                            2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                            2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013


                            MOCGB #332 since 1994

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Must admit I have only ever ordered from them the once.

                              My order was Headlights,Indicators and Oil filters the order came to around 100 all in them had to pay a further 14 upon arrival!

                              That said though in this country even one headlamp is likely to cost 100 so wasn't complaining...............

                              Seems the more items you get the better it works out

                              Much better to do a larger order once in a while and get several things you need even if you don't need them yet?

                              The one thing I find frustrating is I want some mats for my SN95 they are reasonable enough but the shipping is astronomical :(

                              I will have a hole in my carpet before i get any :(

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X