Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts needed for 8 inch axle

Hello Folks,

Thinking I need only one but may need 2, 8 inch axle retaining plates. These go between the flange and the bearing on the axle shaft, These hold the axle in the housing.

Also need, don't know the proper name, the lever? that attaches the the brake shoes with a pin and clip. these attach to the hand brake cable. Need a left and a right

Also does anyone have a damaged or otherwise broken 4 speed shifter, maybe a three speed would work as well. I need the U shaped bracket that the shifter arm attaches too (it goes around the main shaft of the shifter assembly.

Thanks, Peter
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

May be able to help with some of this. I assume when you mention the U shaped shifter part that you are talking about a stock Ford shifter unit?
    Cheers, Martin
    sigpic

Comment

Hello Martin

Yes the stock shfter. I do have a three speed I could take it from although it does ruin that shifter
      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Hi, dug out two shifters, one has the U part I think you need the other is different, maybe later type (69?) No pics today, been a busy one again. Tip: never retire, your life will not be your own. Will try to find park brake levers if I have time. Sorry but it's flat-out these days.
        Cheers, Martin
        sigpic

Comment

Hello Martin

Steve Bromley helped me out with both a shifter and the brake levers. Appreciate your efforts. Peter

PS. I did retire then had the insane idea to start selling Mustangs. Its been 7 days a week since. :-)

Comment

OK, as long as you are sorted. All good.
            Cheers, Martin
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Martin.

Steve seems to have a treasure trove of stuff. Really appreciate you looking

Comment

Working...
              X