289 Valve Cover Gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

289 Valve Cover Gaskets

So the smoke from the back of the engine block turns out to be a leak from the hardened and rather goosed rubber valve cover gaskets and not an electrical fire - which is a bonus.

Amazed that I can’t find any for sale in uk - Real Steel catalogue etc. and baulking at the 38.40 a pair from MM.

Does anyone have a pair they are willing to sell to me, or can point me to a pair?

Preferably the steel core rubber ones to fit the finned aluminium covers, with the tabs in the right place, but willing to try cork.

Also is it necessary to use sealant if fitted carefully - if so which type, readily available from Halfords / Eurocarparts.

Many thanks.
    '65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Try rockauto

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...r+gasket,10710

usually pretty quick

Comment

2nd Vote for Rock auto - ordered Thursday, arrived Tuesday, all import duties etc prepaid

Comment

Yeah ordered some sheet metal yesterday should be here Tuesday!! First time order fingers are crossed!!

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses chaps - appreciated.

Rockauto it will be then - with a check for the discount code.

With a good clean and careful repositioning it seems to be sealed again now.

Having seen the condition of it I think a new pair are in order though - and probably a browse for anything else that catches my eye - must stay away from the temptation of the LSD page!
          '65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Comment

Real Steel part no. BYV20 only 6.95 a pair (probably same again for shipping) If you want to get the job done today I have a pair you can have, they are cork made by feelpro. Would like them replaced like for like, I am up the road in Yateley.
            Best wishes.

Comment

Thanks for the link and offer mooz

Now it’s sealed again I’ll wait and see how it goes and likely get another steel reinforced rubber pair.

What car should I look out for when you’re driving?

Comment

Working...
              X