Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox WANTED

Hi fellas, I`m still looking!!

Spotted this on ebay com, any advice or thoughts please?

eBay item number:

Originally posted by manxie View Post

eBay item number:

Bit tarted up for my liking. I could stand it for 3500

If I was looking I'd be more interested in a later model. These drive kinda antiquated and thus the latest model would be the best driving car

Just my thoughts.
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Hi I'm thinking of selling mine

It's a a 1990 5.0 gt coupe auto

I believe the mileage is correct at about 90,000

its very solid underneath and very clean inside and out.

Looking for 4250

I'm based in Bromley Kent if you want to come and view it.

Thanks
      Tony

eBay item number:

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
        Bit tarted up for my liking. I could stand it for 3500

If I was looking I'd be more interested in a later model. These drive kinda antiquated and thus the latest model would be the best driving car

Just my thoughts.
        Thanks for your thoughts Peter, these are the comments I`m looking for! Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by fastback 69 View Post
          It's a a 1990 5.0 gt coupe auto

I believe the mileage is correct at about 90,000

its very solid underneath and very clean inside and out.

Looking for 4250

I'm based in Bromley Kent if you want to come and view it.

Thanks
          Tony
          Hi Tony,

Thanks for your message. I can`t really come to view it because I`m on the Isle of Man. I was looking for a pre86 car really because of the cost of road tax over here. I`ll have a think but in the meantime could you send a pic or two? Thanks again, Steve.

Comment

Have you actually driven one?

I was the ultimate fan. Wanted one since my teens. Adore the sound (listened to one today actually). Always was envious of the rich kids who had one in high school. Ached for one in young adulthood. Got one as an older guy

Waited for it to arrive and then the day came. My first real drive in my dream 5.0

Now although it never let me down and drove as I assume it should. My general feeling was Meh

Was it the 2.79 axle? Probably. The other main thing was the mushy LX seats and really plasticky interior

I akin it to an 80s dodge aires or Chrysler labaron

But every time I walked away from it after parking it I looked back and realised I'd buy it again if offered.

Peter
            Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
            We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Have you actually driven one?

I was the ultimate fan. Wanted one since my teens. Adore the sound (listened to one today actually). Always was envious of the rich kids who had one in high school. Ached for one in young adulthood. Got one as an older guy

Waited for it to arrive and then the day came. My first real drive in my dream 5.0

Now although it never let me down and drove as I assume it should. My general feeling was Meh

Was it the 2.79 axle? Probably. The other main thing was the mushy LX seats and really plasticky interior

I akin it to an 80s dodge aires or Chrysler labaron

But every time I walked away from it after parking it I looked back and realised I'd buy it again if offered.

Peter
              No, I`ve never driven one. I just like the idea of a 5.0 V8 in a compact car and obviously love the soundtrack!! The cost of one is also appealing because gone are the days where I can afford a 30k car. I suppose the closest thing I`ve had to one (totally different car) was a 78 400cu Trans-Am
              which I loved. I loved driving it, it handled around our twisty roads (un-like the 57 Belair I owned years ago) and sounded magnificent!!! We`ll see what comes along, I am looking around for something so we`ll see?? I have also made an enquirey about this, waiting for him to get back to me...fingers crossed....http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...815676700.html

Cheers.
              Last edited by manxie; 22-12-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Ugggg

Washington DC = Rust
                Daily driver photographed with snow on it = Rust
                Bent bumper
                Side light falling out.
                Looks like dented wheel trim

Sorry but that car looks like a handful

If your used to a trans am I terior you will be right at home in a FOX

Comment

IOM in a Fox,what a blast! Good choice manxie,kinda agree with peter,a bit antique in feel but that's the appeal,not as big as the early stuff but similar dynamics,85/86 is a winner soooo pretty,hope you find what you are looking for,regards.

Comment

Originally posted by chris taylor View Post
                    IOM in a Fox,what a blast! Good choice manxie,kinda agree with peter,a bit antique in feel but that's the appeal,not as big as the early stuff but similar dynamics,85/86 is a winner soooo pretty,hope you find what you are looking for,regards.
                    Thanks for your thoughts fella`s. :-bd

Comment

Originally posted by chris taylor View Post
                      I can confirm, IOM in a fox is serious fun! It's no front wheel drive balanced modern hot hatch, to throw round the mountain course, but that's not why you buy one...

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Fox View Post
                        I can confirm, IOM in a fox is serious fun! It's no front wheel drive balanced modern hot hatch, to throw round the mountain course, but that's not why you buy one...

Hmmmm :gears :-bd

Comment

one other point. If you can find an 85. That was the last year of the carb. Kind of a touchstone for collectors. Not that this matters in the UK where folks think these are cannon fodder

Above said by a previous owner who shipped his back to the states to sell it

Comment

one other point. If you can find an 85. That was the last year of the carb. Kind of a touchstone for collectors. Not that this matters in the UK where folks think these are cannon fodder

Above said by a previous owner who shipped his back to the states to sell it
                            Yeah, point taken. How reliable are the fuel injection systems fitted to the post 85 cars? I always tend to think a carb would be easier to repair/replace when they go wrong? Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, point taken. How reliable are the fuel injection systems fitted to the post 85 cars? I always tend to think a carb would be easier to repair/replace when they go wrong? Thanks.
                              Guys, what's IOM?

Pretty reliable but as with anything if the previous owner messed with the wiring it won't be as in my case. The previous guy had a field day and made a mess

There is an incredible 5.0 tech board forum that can help with anything

The main thing I've garnered from looking at many boards is to keep with proper Ford/OEM supplier parts when replacing. Pattern parts in the the ignition and FI system will give you grief. I had brand new appearing parts I pulled off and threw away as were defunct/out of spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X